Monday, October 5, 2009

Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, and Revenge

Yesterday, Terry Bradshaw, one of Brett Favre's biggest admirers, called Favre a liar during the "Fired Up" segment of NFL on FOX.

TERRY BRADSHAW: You know, closure is a wonderful thing. I'm doing this "Fired Up" for me, because folks, I'm confused and I need closure.

I just don't understand Brett Favre. I mean, once he said... once I said he was the best quarterback that I'd ever seen. I still believe that, but now he's wearing purple after last season wearing a green that wasn't Green Bay's.

If you think that Packers fans are angry about Favre playing for Minnesota tomorrow night, wait until you see them November 1st, when he goes jogging onto Lambeau Field as the enemy. And you will see it because that game's on FOX.

He told us that he was retired -- not once, but twice. You know, like it might have been three or four times. I've lost count. I'm old school. To me, your word is your bond.

Why doesn't it bother me so much... Why does it bother me so much? Why do I care so much?

Because I watched him cry and he said he had no more to give us. And I believed him. I believed it was over.

Now Brett says it's not about revenge when he plays the Packers tomorrow night. He says he understands that Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, the head coach, made a business decision -- and he's fine with it?

Oh really, Brett. It's not about revenge?

I'm sorry, but no one believes that this time around.

Of course, this is about revenge. And that's disappointing.

I'm not buying Favre's lies.

There's no question that I want the Packers to win tonight. None. Of course, I want Favre to go down in flames. He's the Vikings quarterback. He's not on my team.

As far as closure goes, the sort that Bradshaw was talking about, I've had it for quite a while.

That makes it no less sad. I didn't lose respect for Favre because he's playing for the Vikings. It's why.

Video.


<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&from=metadatawidget_en-us_foxpsorts_videocentral&vid=f64006ee-7ad5-4ed1-8c3e-dc6c4fc9093a" target="_new" title="NFL on FOX: Fired Up">Video: NFL on FOX: Fired Up</a>

1 comment:

Weekly NFL Picks said...

Favre and the Vikes deserve to win this game after that abandonment from the Packers 2 years ago.