I really don't have a problem with changing the clock twice a year. In fall, we get an extra hour. No problem there. In spring, we lose an hour. So what? One hour? On any given week, I lose an hour of sleep for various reasons and the world doesn't fall apart. One hour is not a big deal. But, if we are going to decide to go with a permanent clock, it has to be on Daylight Saving Time. I would HATE permanent Standard Time. Here in Wisconsin, on this beautiful fall day, the sun would be setting at 5:27 PM under permanent Standard Time. I don't like that as it is it's already setting at 6:27 PM. I don't like that it's getting dark so early even with Daylight Saving Time in place. The latest the sun would ever set in summer would be 7:36 PM. It would suck to have the sun setting at 7:00 PM in August. The sun would be rising around 4:30 AM or earlier much of the summer, with first light around 3:30 AM or earlier! I don't care when "solar noon" is. I don't want to be robbed of long summer days. I don't think people realize what it would be like to have this permanent early darkness. I'd gladly trade the sun rising later for more daylight at the end of the day. Either keep switching the clocks or go with permanent Daylight Saving Time.Americans want more sunshine! ☀️ It’s time to pass my Sunshine Protection Act so that families can enjoy spending more time outside and soaking up the sun. https://t.co/veStZI4nY0
— Rick Scott (@SenRickScott) October 4, 2026
"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." --Abraham Lincoln
▼
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please select an account option or provide a name/URL.
Comments including excessive profanity, harassment, and abusiveness will NOT be published.