Tuesday, April 25, 2006

He Stays



From ESPN:

Brett Favre informed the Packers on Tuesday that he will definitely play the 2006 season in Green Bay, league and team sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Favre shared his decision with general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy in a telephone conversation on Tuesday morning, the sources said.

Finally, a decision.

I'm glad the waiting is over; and Brett Favre will be playing with the Packers one more season.

The announcement seems somewhat anticlimactic. I think it was clear that he wasn't ready to retire.

I certainly couldn't bear the thought of him playing for another team. That would have been the worst case scenario.

Now, it's up to Thompson and McCarthy to give Brett a worthy supporting cast of teammates.

I'm optimistic about the 2006 season, though I admit that my judgment is clouded.

(I predicted that the Packers would go 9-7 last year.)

__________________________________

Read more here and here.

UPDATE: In a one-sentence news release Wednesday morning, the Packers confirmed Favre's decision.
"The Green Bay Packers are very pleased that Brett has come to this decision, and look forward to a successful 2006 season," general manager Ted Thompson said.

No comments: