Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Peacemaker No More

When I saw Drudge put up this link, "Nobel Peace prize winner to schoolchildren: 'I would love to kill George Bush'...," I thought Jimmy Carter was saying something stupid again.

After clicking on it, I saw that I unfairly attributed the quote to Jimmy. He didn't say it, but I bet he's thought about saying it and wanted to say it. I think even though Jimmy didn't say that he'd love to kill George Bush, it's still a sin to think about it if he did -- like when he sinned doing all that lusting in his heart.

Anyway, the story is
here.



NOBEL peace laureate Betty Williams displayed a flash of her feisty Irish spirit yesterday, lashing out at US President George W.Bush during a speech to hundreds of schoolchildren.

"Flash of feisty spirit"?

Right. I think the Secret Service should monitor the "feisty" Williams.




Campaigning on the rights of young people at the Earth Dialogues forum, being held in Brisbane, Ms Williams spoke passionately about the deaths of innocent children during wartime, particularly in the Middle East, and lambasted Mr Bush.

"I have a very hard time with this word 'non-violence', because I don't believe that I am non-violent," said Ms Williams, 64.

"Right now, I would love to kill George Bush." Her young audience at the Brisbane City Hall clapped and cheered.

Williams is right. She is not non-violent. She's a horrible role model and shouldn't be addressing kids.



"I don't know how I ever got a Nobel Peace Prize, because when I see children die the anger in me is just beyond belief. It's our duty as human beings, whatever age we are, to become the protectors of human life."

Mistakes happen, like when Milli Vanilli won the Grammy for Best New Artist.

At least their award was revoked when it was discovered that they were a sham. They didn't do the singing on their album.

Unfortunately, Williams' honor won't be taken away. I'm certain that she is in no danger of being stripped of her prize.



Ms Williams was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 30 years ago, when she circulated a petition to end violence in Northern Ireland after witnessing British soldiers shoot dead an IRA member who was driving a car. He veered on to the footpath, killing two children from one family instantly and fatally injuring a third.

Ms Williams's petition had tens of thousands of Protestant and Catholic women walking the streets together in protest. Now the former office receptionist heads the World Centres of Compassion for Children International, a non-profit group working to create a political voice for children.

My job is to tell you their stories," Ms Williams said of a recent trip to Iraq.

...Wrapping up the three-day forum yesterday, delegates agreed to a 26-point action plan.

"There can be no sustainable peace while the majority of the world's population lives in poverty," they said.

"There can be no sustainable peace if we fail to rise to the global challenge presented by climate change.

"There can be no sustainable peace while military spending takes precedence over human development."

26-points aren't enough. How about this one?

"There can be no sustainable peace while terrorist militias and Islamofascist nations want to wipe Israel off the map and murder all the infidels."

I think that would be a good point to add. It could be a 27-point action plan.

There's something really sad about Williams and her outrage.

I don't think the Norwegian Nobel Committee is horrified that one of the recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize told a gathering of students that she would love to kill George Bush.

I bet they think that she was completely justified in making that remark and excuse her for the inappropriate behavior.

I don't expect to hear any comment from the Committee, and I certainly don't expect to hear an apology from Williams. At most, she may give one of those non-apology apologies, something like, "It was wrong to say that to a group of young people and I'm sorry IF any took offense."


Most likely, it won't receive much attention. Only a conservative voicing wishes of killing someone would get noticed by the media. When Pat Robertson talked about assassinating Hugo Chavez, the lib media went nuts.

The fact is a legitimate peace activist doesn't publicly state, "I would love to kill George Bush."

I wonder if Williams was pleased that her young audience cheered her statement and, in effect, agreed with her "Death to Bush!" message.

That response should have troubled her. She tranformed the event into something creepy, like a Hitler Youth rally.

It's really unbelievable. A Nobel Peace Prize Laureate tells kids she would love to kill the President of the United States. That's sick.


It's just another sign of the extremism that has engulfed the Left.

Williams disgraced herself and the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

She's not a peacemaker. She promotes violence. Really sick.



No comments: