Thursday, August 17, 2006

LISTEN

Every American needs to listen to these tapes, especially the ones in denial about the sort of war that we're in.
LISTEN TO THE TAPES


Victim, office worker Melissa Doi talks to an operator. (MP3, 31:19 min., 12.8 MB)

Fire chief requests help as cell phone networks failed. (MP3, 2:58 min., 1.7 MB)

"One of the towers just collapsed." (MP3, 26 sec., 264 K)

EMS dispatchers take calls from workers. (MP3, 2:08 min., 1.2 MB)


LOOK



REMEMBER


______________________________

Now, consider the recklessness of those actively trying to subvert our government in the War on Terror.

Statement of U.S. Senator Russ Feingold

On the District Court’s Rebuke of the Administration’s Warrantless Wiretapping Program

August 17, 2006

“Today’s district court ruling is a strong rebuke of this administration’s illegal wiretapping program. The President must return to the Constitution and follow the statutes passed by Congress. We all want our government to monitor suspected terrorists, but there is no reason for it to break the law to do so. The administration went too far with the NSA’s warrantless wiretapping program. Today’s federal court decision is an important step toward checking the President’s power grab.”

Feingold is whining about Bush's "power grab."

What would Feingold say to the loved ones of Melissa Doi and the loved ones of all those who would have been killed if the London terror plot had not been foiled?


Would Feingold lecture them on a presidential "power grab"?

Would he say something like this?

"I'm sorry for your loss, but I have this thing about warrants."


Feingold's crusade to score political points at the expense of our national security and the lives of Americans is a sad reflection on his character.

Am I being too harsh? I don't think I am.

Fact: Feingold and others have misled the public by distorting the true nature of the NSA's program.


Read the
full transcript of Melissa Doi's 911 call.

Read every heart-wrenching word.


Caller: Holy Mary, mother of God.

Operator: Operator, good morning have a good day. (two operators talking to each other)

I'm on the 83rd floor! (Screaming through the two operators talking.)

Caller: Ma'am how are you doing?

Is it, is it, are they going to be able to get someone up here?

Operator Of course, Ma'am we're coming up for you.

Well there's no one here yet and the floor is completely engulfed.

We're on the floor and we can't breathe. And it's very, very, very hot.

Operator: Is, are the lights on.

Caller: The lights are on, but it's very very hot.

No, no the lights are off.

Operator: Okay, good. Now everybody stay calm. You're doing a good job.

Caller: Please.

Operator: Ma'am listen. Everybody's coming, everybody knows. Everybody knows what happened, OK?

Caller: I'm scared.

Operator: But no, they have to take time to come there you know that. They got to be very, very careful.

Caller: It's very hot.

Operator: I understand. They got to be very, very careful in how they approach you. Okay, all right. So when they come up stairs it won't be worse than it is.

Operator: Now you stay calm. How many people where you're at right now?

Caller: There's like five people with me.

All from the 83rd floor …Everybody's having trouble breathing. Some people are worse.

Operator: …Everybody's awake.

Caller:So far yes

Operator: It's very hot there but no fire, right?

Caller:I can't see cause it's too hot.

Operator:: Very hot. No fire for now. And no smoke, right? No smoke, right?

Caller:Of course there's smoke! (sounding impateint)

Operator: Ma'am, ma'am you have to stay calm.

Caller:There is smoke I can't breathe.

Operator: Okay, stay calm with me, okay. I understand.

Operator:I think there is fire because it's very hot.

Caller:It's very hot everywhere on the floor.

It's very hot. I see, I don't see any air anymore.

All I see is smoke.

Operator: Okay, dear. I'm so sorry. Stay calm with me.

Caller:I'm going to die aren't I?

Operator:No, no, no, no. Ma'am, Ma'am say your Ma'am prayers.

Caller:I'm going to die.

Operator: You've got to stay postive.

Caller: Please, God.

Operator: You're doing a good job, Ma'am.

Callerr: No, it's so hot.

I'm burning up.

Operator: Hold on for a second … (talking to another operator)

Caller: Wait , wait, we hear voices.

Help? Hello (screaming)

Operator: Ma'am, stay calm. Stay calm.

Caller: Can you find out if there someone here on the 83rd floor cause we thought we heard somebody.

Can you stay on the line with me please. I feel like I'm dying.

Operator: Ma'am stay calm. Ma'am stay calm until they get inside.

To Russ Feingold, Jimmy Carter, The New York Times, Anna Diggs Taylor, the ACLU, etc.:

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP.

2 comments:

RJay said...

Great tapes post.
I wish I had your writing skills.

Mary said...

Thanks for the links to the tapes, RJay.

Your site is packed with great links.