Friday, August 25, 2006

Riley Drops Out





I doubt that Donovan Riley is smiling now.

The
alleged double voter, Dem voter fraud personified, has FINALLY withdrawn from the race.

Riley’s press release

Riley Drops Senate Bid
8/25/2006

Statement of Donovan Riley:

While my campaign has been effectively inactive for a number of days, the purpose of this statement is to clarify the fact that I am no longer seeking election to the State Senate. During the campaign, a question was raised about an election that occurred years ago. It is important for me to focus on helping address that question and doing so is incompatible with running a campaign. I intend to return to private life and retirement.

I must express my profound gratitude to the many people and organizations who worked so hard with the campaign to champion issues critical to our community. I was heartened to find such passion and commitment, and I encourage my friends, both new and old, to carry on.

I will have no further public comment nor will anyone associated with my campaign.

You can be sure that Riley's lawyer analyzed every word of this statement.


Thursday, after days and days of deafening silence from the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, three Milwaukee Dems finally got around to calling for Riley to drop out of the primary race.

Read the
letter from Sen. Tim Carpenter, Rep. Christine Sinicki, and Rep. Josh Zepnick.

I doubt that the urging of these elected officials had any impact on Riley's decision to drop out.

In fact, I'm cynical enough to suspect that once the three were aware that Riley was going to withdraw, the DPW gave them the green light to call for Riley to get out of the race -- CYA time.

As of this writing the Democratic Party of Wisconsin STILL has Riley on their list of
candidates. The webmaster is a bit slow. Maybe the individual cut out for a long weekend.

This is funny.


Donovan Riley
District #7
Serving Milwaukee County
4762 S Packard Avenue Cudahy, Wisconsin 53110
414-481-2022
info@rileyforstatesenate.org
http://www.rileyforstatesenate.org/
A Democrat who will vote like one for the 7th District

"A Democrat who will vote like one"

HAHAHAHA

Does that mean Riley was pledging to continue his practice of voting early and voting often?

Of course, it was a swipe at Jeff Plale, the Dem who's not quite liberal enough for the Milwaukee east side elites.

But Plale is getting the last laugh.

I think that losing the chance to be elected to the state senate is the last thing on alleged felon Riley's mind at this point.

He has to be wondering whether his return to private life and retirement will include a chunk of prison time.


________________________________

Jeff Plale's statement

No comments: