Monday, November 27, 2006

Georgia Thompson Reporting for Duty

Over the river and through the woods,
To Grandmother's house we go.


It's not going to be a very festive holiday season for Georgia Thompson and her family.

She's not going to Grandmother's house.

She's going to Illinois, to prison.


MADISON, Wis. -- Former state employee Georgia Thompson is reporting to prison on Monday after she was convicted this summer of of illegally steering a state contract to a company whose executives gave money to Gov. Jim Doyle's campaign.

...Thompson will serve an 18-month sentence at a minimum-security facility near Peoria, Ill.

I wonder what Jim Doyle will be doing for the holidays.

I suppose he's too busy to pay Thompson a visit.


I wonder if Doyle feels guilty. It's highly unlikely, but if he does, it might be cathartic for him to write an O.J. Simpson-style If I Did It book.

I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.

No comments: