Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HASTERT OR PELOSI?

I thought this was funny.

I went to the
White House website to get its State of the Union transcript.

I thought I had clicked on the wrong page and was at the 2006 State of the Union speech.

It wasn't the wrong page. It was the 2007 State of the Union. However, the photo posted above the partial transcript was one from the 2006 address.

I took this screen shot because I doubt it will stay up for long.


Click on the image to enlarge.


Is the White House trying to keep Nancy Pelosi out of the spotlight?

Fondly remembering the glory days of Republican control of both houses?

Here is the full transcript from the White House of Bush's speech.

_____________________________

Update:

Hastert is out of the picture on the White House website.



Click on the image to get a better view of Excitable Girl Pelosi.

6 comments:

RJay said...

"Is the White House trying to keep Nancy Pelosi out of the spotlight?"

If this was the case Bush did a great job of inflating Pelosi's ego.
I was going to say sucking up to her, but that would have been a little harsh. Oops! I said it.

Poison Pero said...

Exactly, RJay.......See point 2 in my post today:

2. The 'false applause' on both sides of the aisle makes me sick: Both party's clap when they feel it is politically necessary, and don't clap for the same reason. And Bush didn't need to be so congratulatory to Pelosi and her gang of ghouls. Heaven knows they wouldn't have........Just once I would like to see the State of the Union Address look like the British Parliament, with the two sides hissing, booing, and all but throwing right hooks at each other. I'm sure this is just me, but a little realism (as opposed to silly politicking) would be nice for a change.

The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I'm fine with the civility. There's a time to come together and "behave" and a time to speak plainly.

Good job on the screen capture!

Mary said...

I think Bush made a big deal out of Pelosi as a favor to non-lame duck Republicans. It seemed to be an appeal to women, talking about the historic moment, blah, blah, blah.

Actually, I think it's sort of condescending. Are we supposed to care about her reproductive organs?

I don't. I don't care that Pelosi is a woman! I don't care that Condi is a woman! I don't care that Bush is a man! It doesn't matter.

I did notice the absence of booing last night. During one of Bush's State of the Union addresses, I remember the Dems loudly booing and hissing about something. (Was it Social Security?)

I'm sure Madame Pelosi cracked her whip and instructed her Dem army to act like big boys and girls.

By the way, the White House changed the photo.

Hastert is out and Pelosi is in.

Kate said...

I seem to be missing quite a bit lounging on the beach. :) I guess it's a pretty good trade off. Wish I had "caught" that shot though. LOL

Mary said...

Thanks, Amy! :)

I used to have comments open to anyone. When people could post "anonymously," that resulted in some really weird, ugly stuff.

I wanted to cut down on that. It has worked to a certain extent, but I know it's a pain because it does makes it more difficult to comment for non-Blogger users. Maybe I should give it another try and see how it goes.

And Kate, I would gladly trade places with you. (Current windchill here --- 6 DEGREES)