Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Bill Maher on American Idol

The shock of tonight's American Idol broadcast wasn't that LaKisha was sent home.

The shock was seeing Bill Maher in the audience.

After Barry Gibb performed "To Love Somebody," the camera panned the crowd.

On his feet, cheering Gibb, was the crass, hateful, foul-mouthed, venom-spewing Bill Maher.

I had no idea that Maher was an Idol fan or a Barry Gibb fan.

It seems so... so... unlikely.


Very surreal.

I wonder if U.S. Senate candidate Al Franken will be in the Idol audience next week.

4 comments:

Poison Pero said...

I have no idea if this pud is an Idol or Gibb fan.....But I know he's a publicity hound, and there's no better place to be seen than on American Idol.

OBTW: Glad to say I picked the final three way back in Hollywood Week.

Here's hoping Jordin wins........She's from my hometown, and I played ball against her dad back in the day.

Goat said...

Reason #6321 why I don't watch TV, I will watch "Idol when they have to sing Handel or Mozart or in the rock era, Geoff Tate. Clue mw whwn they do. Sorry to be a spoil sport, just a grumpy old goat, baaaaaing, lol.

Goat said...

Dang, birds of a feather do flock together, I see my good friend at the Right is Right has kept his quill sharp.

Mary said...

I don't expect Idol to have a classical week anytime soon, Goat. :)

I'm with you, Pero.

I would like to see Jordin win, too. I like Melinda but I think of her as a professional singer already. And Blake seems like a nice guy, but he's too much of a niche performer.

Publicity or not, I still was surprised to see Maher in the audience. Idol seems like a show he would berate.