Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ugly, Ugly Michael McGee, Sr.


WNOV radio personality and former Milwaukee Alderman Michael McGee, Sr.

(Photo/ WISN 12)

I am disgusted and angry beyond words.

When is the Milwaukee community going to say, "ENOUGH"?

WNOV (860 AM) should axe Michael McGee, Sr. NOW.

This man, a former Milwaukee alderman and father of current Milwaukee alderman Michael McGee Jr., has no sense of decency. He doesn't possess a shred of decency, no compassion whatsoever. He is utterly heartless. I think he's soulless.

This morning, "Commander" McGee made remarks about WTMJ (620 AM) talk show host Charlie Sykes and his mother's recent death.

Via Patrick at Badger Blogger, Real Debate Wisconsin has the audio of McGee's vicious attack on Charlie Sykes and his mother. McGee also blasts Mark Belling, his mother, and all of Milwaukee. I assume McGee means white Milwaukee.

It's really hard to transcribe the audio because McGee slurs and mumbles, but here are some quotes:

(Warning: Offensive, vulgar, racist language.)



"Mother Sykes... she dead. I mean, to me, it's the vengeance of God. I ain't got no tears."

"A woman that have a fool like that deserve whatever's coming to her, 'cause she raised a sure enough idiot. "

"And of course Mark Belling created in a lab out of spare parts."

"On the real side, whatever happen to those monsters, they deserve it."

"But really on the other side of it, just my, my, my instincts say Charlie Sykes killed his mama."

"He got tried of waiting for that money."

"Said, 'Mama gotta go.' "

"[If not for] Hitler's mama, wouldn't have been no Hilter. So the way I look at it, it's tied in."

"When you got evil like Charlie Sykes, I mean on any issue that fool is against the black community... it could be some young nigger spitting in the street..."

"All of them fools and Milwaukee as a whole -- They hate a nigger. And they hate, they hate, they hate."

McGee also rambles on about the "plantation" and the "master pissing" in the "nigger's face."

It's absolutely sickening.

Where's the local chapter of the NAACP on this one? I'd like to hear reaction from them. Do they only get bent out of shape about handcuffing violent MPS students?


McGee can be as vile as he wants to be. His right to free speech is protected under the Constitution. He can spew his hatred, but there are standards and regulations when it comes to airing his reprehensible slime on the radio.

I could not care less about Don Imus, but let's have at least a semblance of consistency here. McGee's comments are certainly as offensive as Imus' "nappy headed hos."

This man should be thrown off the air.

Who listens to this guy? Do they agree with him? Are they entertained by him?

It's frightening to think that such ugliness garners an audience.

Here are some contacts at WNOV:


CEO/President -- Jerrel Jones

General Manager -- Sandra Robinson

Program Director/Music Director -- Homer Blow -- homerblow@yahoo.com

Business phone number for the station: 414-449-9668

____________________________

Update: According to TMJ 4, McGee will NOT be on the air on Friday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought he kept saying "sucks", instead of Sykes. That's what it sound like to me. Then I heard Sykes towards the end.

I honestly have never heard anything even remotely like that before in my many years. And I pray I never do again.

The Badgerland Conservative said...

Senior McGee refers to him as "Charlie Sucks." He has for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Dead mother aside, he kinda is douche bag.

Anonymous said...

I sent the following message to rgayle@tekwaregroup.com, as that address was listed as the registrant of the domain. I understand that is only the webmaster/designer of the site, so I am also posting the letter around the web to possibly get it to where it needs to be.

-------------------------------------------

I send this to you as you are listed as the registrant of wnov.com in the hopes that you can forward it on to the appropriate parties.



Attn: Mr. Jerrel Jones / Ms. Sandra Robinson, WNOV 860AM

With respect to the comments recently made by Mr. McGee on the death of Charlie Sykes' mother, I find them to be some of the most deplorable and despicable comments I have yet heard on Milwaukee radio. Regardless what opinion I have of Mr. Sykes, anyone who would celebrate the tragic death of someone's mother with an on-air rant like Mr. McGee did, or throw around false rhetorical accusations about a son killing his mother has no place on the public airwaves.

I understand that Mr. McGee pays for his airtime with either his personal money or donations, and while it is nice to think that everything is for sale for the right price - I believe the price in this case to be the integrity of your station. I would suggest that your station stop enabling Mr. McGee to do so.

To that effect, I intend to spend my free time listening to your station, and while I will enjoy the jams, I will also be noting the advertisers I hear, contacting them, and urging them to cease paying for advertising on any station that would allow or promote such cruel and mean-spirited hatemongering on their airtime. I am also sending this message to a number of my other Milwaukee friends to encourage them to do the same.

In a day and age when we should attempt to work towards coming together as a city, country, and world, I find the comments aired in Mr. McGee's segment to be divisive and fuel for increasing racial tensions, which, in my opinion is the last thing Milwaukee needs.

I will leave you with words you may be familiar with - they are, in fact, the words of the late Dr. Martin Luther King:

"There is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred"

The Badgerland Conservative said...

Anonymous,

Get a name, you coward. It's easy to post the same type of hate that Senior McGee spews behind the shield of anonymity.

But I guess we shouldn't expect any more from you lefty coward. At least Senior McGee signed his hateful, venomous spew.

CmentMixer said...

Here is a list of contacts from the WNOV website. I have contacted most and am awaiting responses from the rest.

Homer Blow - Programming Director - 414.305.6266
Andrew Taylor - The Gospel Chief WNOV - 414.466.2373
Wayne CK - On-air Personality - 414.374.7280
Milwaukee Public Schools - Public Affairs & Communications - 414.475.8274
WTMJ - Milwaukee - Tom Sheridan - 414.967.5267
TheMovieBox.net
The New York Time Movies
Family Media Guide
FreeArcade.com
VideoGameReview.com
The Milwaukee Courier & Southeastern Star
National Newspaper Publishers Association (The Black Press of America)
NNPA Correspondent Hazel Trice Edney
Milwaukee Journal Columnist Eugene Kane

Mary said...

Obviously, WNOV felt the pressure and removed McGee as a result.

I think this time it's going to be very different than McGee's last suspension from the station.

When he returns to the air, it won't go unnoticed.

The nation is listening now.