Sunday, December 23, 2007

FOX NFL Sunday Celebrates Christmas

The weather outside is frightful.

The wind is howling. It's so cold. Taking wind chill into account, it's about 50 degrees colder than yesterday.

Barring a power outage, it's the perfect day to spend inside, warm and cozy, watching the Packers and the Bears.

I watched the FOX pregame show. I didn't really pay attention, but I did notice the choir that performed before and after commercial breaks. I didn't catch the name of the choir. I wish I did because I'd like to credit them for their lovely performance.

What was striking to me was the choir didn't sing secular pieces. FOX definitely didn't shy away from the true meaning of Christmas.

Did that offend the non-believers in the audience, that they were subjected to music referencing the newborn King while watching NFL pregame coverage?

Will Joseph Minton Amann and Tom Breuer call for their readers to flood FOX Sports with "with requests for religious [songs] that are even more asinine than the Christian [ones]"?

Who knows? I guess you have to pick your battles.



GO PACK!







No comments: