Thursday, March 6, 2008

Brett Favre Press Conference

This was so painful.

Brett Favre began:

"Seems like just yesterday we were here."

"I am officially retiring from the NFL and the Green Bay Packers."

"I promised I wouldn't get emotional..."

"It's never easy."

"You know it's funny. I've watched hundreds of players retire, and you wonder what it would be like..."

"God has blessed me with so many great things -- ability, wonderful family."

"I'd like to thank the Packers for giving me an opportunity as well. I hope that every penny they spent on me they know was money well spent."

"It was never about the money or fame or records."

"It was never my accomplishments. It was our accomplishments."

"It was never about me."

"I know I can play, but I don't think I want to. And that's what it comes down to."

"I will wonder if I made the wrong decision."

"I just don't think I can give anything else."

"As I look back on my career, no regrets. No regrets whatsoever."

"I can't leaved without saying thank you to the fans. When I laughed and my family laughed, they laughed. When I cried, they cried."

"I hope everyone knows how special this is. I truly appreciate the opportunity. As they say, all good things must come to an end."

Brett thanked God. He thanked the Packers. He thanked his family. He thanked the fans.

God, family, and Packers.

Thank you, Brett.

No dry eyes here.


No comments: