Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is it Indecent for a Man to Wear a Skirt?

A Louisiana man mows lawns while wearing a skirt.

Some people have a problem with that.

Officials have charged him with indecency, in violation of the "no sagging pants" ordinance.

From KEYE:

We may not know what a Scotsman wears under his kilt, but the town officials of Clinton, Louisiana, say what they see is too much.

Jay Herrod mows lawns in a skirt.

He says he wears the garment because he gets heat rash and "it allows that area to breathe and, uh, wearing a skirt on the mower allows the sweat to evaporate."

Herrod's landscaping customers aren't complaining.

"He cuts the yard in a hurry. He does a good job," Carline Kimbro says. "I don't have any problems. That's what I was interested in. I don't pay attention to what he wears."

But the town alderman in this southeastern Louisiana town do.

The municipal authorities have cited Herrod for indecency in violation of a "no sagging pants" ordinance. He says the rule shouldn't apply to him because of his medical condition and has a doctor's note to prove it.

"I've had some women say I have nice looking legs, "Herrod says with a laugh. "For a man, I know, I'm the only guy in East Feliciana Parish that wears a skirt. That's a known fact."





Wearing a skirt is not the same as wearing sagging pants.

Herrod has a medical condition and he has the cojones to manage it by wearing a skirt. I don't see why he should be cited with indecency.

What's indecent about a skirt?

2 comments:

Mark said...

Real men wear kilts. No self respecting Scotsman wears anything beneath his kilt. I am Scottish. Take my word for it. I just got married, Mary, and I wore a tie made from my clan tartan plaid. See a picture at my place.

Mary said...

Yes, real men wear kilts. But should men be allowed to wear lightweight cotton skirts while mowing lawns?

That's a tough call.

Congratulations, Mark. Best wishes to you and your lovely bride.

The tie is nice, too. :)