Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ashley Dupré Thanks her Fans

UPDATE, November 19, 2008: Ashley Dupre Exclusive: 'My Side of the Story'

VIDEO.

_________________

BIG NEWS: Ashley Alexandra Dupré is speaking out for the first time!

Isn't that thrilling? No? You can't place the name?

She's Hypocrite of the Year former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer's whore.

Dupré has a message for all her fans, and her critics as well. (Fans???)

FOX News links to Dupré's MySpace page:

Hey everyone...Let me just start by saying THANK YOU ALL, for your support!! I have not had the time to be on myspace that much...BUT I have been trying to get on here to approve pending friend requests and catch up on e-mails & comments. Sorry it is taking me so long!! All of my pending friend requests from 3/12 through now were deleted by myspace (if you do not approve them within a certain number of days, they get deleted) so...please please please re-send and you should be approved automatically. Again, thank you all so much for taking the time to send me a bit of strength and inspiration via email or comment, your words have touched me and I thank you for that...with all my heart, I love you guys!!! :) ...and to all the not so kind words...I love you too, because it makes me push myself and want it even more. "Hard times don't last...only strong people".

xxA

Aww, isn't that sweet?

In a remarkably self-serving move, Dupré highlights some of the "inspirational mail" she received. She publishes the messages that call her a star, beautiful, intelligent, an American icon. (An American icon???)

Of course, she publishes messages that praise her tremendous talent and encourage her to press ahead with her brilliant musical career.

I found this one amusing:

"Keep your head up. Don't let others make you suffer for what isn't your fault."

Dupré can't be blamed for Eliot Spitzer's fate. He is 100 percent responsible for being a liar and an adulterer and a hypocrite.

However, if Dupré has suffered because of the notoriety that being one of America's best known prostitutes brings, that's definitely her fault. She brought that on herself.

Actually, I find this one disturbing:

You were doing your thing and having fun...thats all that matters.

No, that's NOT all that matters. When doing your thing means engaging in illegal activities, that's a societal issue. Contributing to the "women as objects" mentality shouldn't be a fun thing.

This message stood out, too:

"Remember, like Eleanor Roosevelt said: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Hope everything goes well and that you had a wonderful Easter! :) Janna"

I don't know. I don't think Eleanor Roosevelt would have given Dupré a pep talk. My guess is Roosevelt, a strong woman and true American icon, would have pointed out that being a whore is not a good career choice and in no way empowering.

I sincerely hope that Dupré turns her life around. Rather than blathering about her "fans," she could use her time in the spotlight to encourage others to learn from her mistakes. She could warn others to respect themselves enough not to be part of an illegal call girl operation. As Ms. Bad Example, she could help others.

Unfortunately, Dupré doesn't take that route.

There's nothing wrong with thanking people for kindness. I'm sure the messages of support helped her and she appreciates them. It's totally appropriate to acknowledge the support.

We've all made mistakes and bad decisions. Dupré made a BIG mistake. She used terrible judgment, but I don't think she sees it that way. She doesn't seem to regret her choices.

That's sad.

It's disheartening that factions of American society glorify her behavior and reward her for it.

________________

Get inspired:
Inspirational mail from you all...(here are SOME that really stood out, some made me laugh, some made me cry, some just made me stop for a bit and think...but they all made me smile)...Thank-You again. ps. no last names are included below so you will know if it is your story, but the rest of the world will not know it is you. :)

"When you are destined to be a star, life has a way of taking you there...even when it doesn't at first appear to be a good thing."

"Regardless of your decision, always remember: others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself. Greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes and you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes, because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
My very best wishes to you,
Secret Agent Man :-)"


"Remember, like Eleanor Roosevelt said: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Hope everything goes well and that you had a wonderful Easter! :) Janna"

"Music makes us stronger. It also makes us feel warm when we are vulnerable. So, when you say "what destroys me, makes me stronger", oh yes i understand...Life is Full of That Sure U Know That..! So, Keep it up. Just keep being you...San"

"hey i just wanted to say to you, that you truely are the most beautiful women i have ever seen. i am just a nobody in this world and knowing that you might just read this has really made my day. stay on the up an up and chase after your musical career. well good luck"

"Hey Ashley......Well I guess it would be a miracle for you to sift through your thousands of emails and find this one. Girlfriend you keep rockin and continue to climb that ladder of success. I know the media is driving you nuts, but keep the head high and positive. Always continue to follow your dream and don't settle for less. I am from North Carolina in the Charlotte area and have some great contacts down here as well as Los Angeles. So if you find that needle in the haystack...as in my email, give me a shout. Hope is all well with you and hope to hear from you soon! From one musician to another.....rock on baby!!! Kevin Drummer (rockafellas) Charlotte, NC "

"Hey girl I just wanted to stop in and hi. I think that you are beautiful and I hope that nothings keeping you down lately. You were doing your thing and having fun...thats all that matters. Keep presuing your music career; your talent will take you places."

"hey i just wanted to say that I am a huge fan!!! also i respect the hell out of you you are a great person reguardless of what every 1 else thinks ... just wanted to tell you that life is tough you always have a friend in me."

"Dear Ashley Dupre
You dont know me, and I dont know you.
However, I admire how you did not let this 'dirty laundry' and the media game stop you from showing the world that you are a
muti-dimensional human being, and an artist.
Words and song are my passion, and I find my greatest liberation
when truth is enabled to speak from the heart.
"All people have their stories safely hidden with in closed books". I think most people have done things, or things have been done to them which they would only tell a therapist- and maybe not even then would they speak , and let the truth set them free.
I wish:
for you to be strong...be clear...
Ride it out and WRITE it out...
Speak or sing your truth!!!
Be you!
Peace be with you,
Ahda"

"HEY ASHLEY. WE MET A WHILE AGO BUT I KNOW U WONT REMEMBER. I THINK IT WAS CIPRIANI OR ONE OF THEM CLUBS DOWN THERE. IT WAS A QUICK CHAT BUT I REMEMBER U TELLIN ME U SANG AND I WAS INTERESTED BUT NEVER GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXCHANGE INFO TO LISTEN. NOW IM HEARING YOUR SONGS AND THEY ARE FIRE!!! I THINK U GOT WUT IT TAKES TO BREAK NEW POP GROUNDS. IM OFFICIALLY A FAN. DESPITE THE BS OF ALL THESE DUMB FUCKS TRYING TO KNOCK OUR HUSTLE, U STILL A STAR. WE ALL DO THINGS THAT MAKES PEOPLES JAW DROP BUT TO BE CRUCIFIED BY IT IS THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL THING THE MEDIAS ABOUT. LIKE U SAID, TAKE THIS AND GET STRONGER BY IT CUZ U ONLY GONNA BLOW UP FASTER. U GOT THE LANE OPEN NOW PUT IT IN 5TH GEAR STEP ON IT! LOL. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING AND KEEP IN TOUCH. GOD BLESS."

"I absolutely have alottt of respect for you. I can relate to what you wrote in your about me. very deep. very personal. I love it<3>

2 comments:

J. Gravelle said...

She says her fans have "touched her".

They should all watch their mailboxes for invoices...


-jjg
DailyScoff.com

Mary said...

:)