Monday, February 9, 2009

Obama and Hannity: Time for a Beer?

If you listen to Sean Hannity's radio program or watch his show on FOX News, you have heard this:

BARACK OBAMA: Is Sean Hannity suddenly going to get on the air and say, you know, I was wrong about this Obama guy? He's my man. No, that's not going to happen.

BARACK OBAMA: I mean I think that there's a certain segment of hard core Sean Hannity fans that probably wouldn't want to go have a beer with me. There's no doubt about that.

Hannity has been talking about having a beer with Obama for months.

Apparently, we're to believe that Obama and the talk radio-obsessed Democrats haven't heard that. The way they monitor the big league talkers, I find it hard to believe that Obama didn't know about Hannity's beer invite. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.




Transcript
BARACK OBAMA: We have not been perfect, but we are changing the culture in Washington, and it's gonna take some time. Now, with respect to Sean Hannity, I didn't know that he had invited me for a beer. Uh... you know, but, uh... I will take that under advisement. Um, gen, generally his opinion of me does not seem to be very high... but uh, I'm always good for a beer. So... alright....

If Obama knows that Hannity generally doesn't have a very high opinion of him, there's no way he wouldn't know about the beer thing. Hannity has been milking that beer line to the point that even an infrequent listener or viewer couldn't miss it.

As I said, hard to believe Obama hadn't heard about Hannity's offer until today.

Anyway, it sounds like a "yes" to me. I think an Obama and "half-a-Heineken" Hannity beer summit is on the horizon. It would be hard for Obama to back down now. He's on the record.

___________________

UPDATE: Today on his radio program, Sean Hannity reiterated his offer to pick up the tab.

1 comment:

JohnnyRussia said...

Sorry, but the people obsessed with talk radio are the sheep who incessantly listen to it to be told what it is they should believe.

Obama bright Limbaugh up to pointedly let Congressional Republicans know that Limbaugh and his ilk provide no answers, just much noise.

As for Hannity, he's a Limbaugh clone and Rupert Murdoch's rent boy. I'm quite sure the questioner at Obama's appearane today was a plant.

No sense for Obama to waste a perfectly good beer on an imbecile such as Inanity Hannity.