Monday, April 27, 2009

60 Minutes: Joe Biden, April 26

In the over 40 year history of 60 Minutes, I don't think a president and vice president have ever monopolized the newsmagazine the way Obama and Biden have.

It's puff piece after puff piece.




Transcript

LESLEY STAHL: The gaffes. Have you and the president had a heart to heart about some of those? He's actually shown some displeasure with you in public.

JOE BIDEN: That's true. That had happened in the past, and quite frankly, the president said to me he was sorry that it was taken out of context: his body language on one of those cases.

[Clip of Obama appearing disturbed as Biden mocks Chief Justice John Roberts for his incorrect recitation of the presidential oath during Obama's inauguration.]

BIDEN: I am who I am. I'm not gonna change. You know, the problem with my gaffes is they're usually true. That's what makes them difficult.

STAHL: You mean what you say rings true.

BIDEN: What I say and... Look, I, uh, and I mean this sincerely, the president and the entire team close to him has encouraged me not to try to all of a sudden be a different 'Joe Biden' then I was for the past 36 years. Sometimes maybe I shouldn't be as straightforward as I am. But I'm not gonna change that.

STAHL: So you're not sitting on it.

BIDEN: I'm not sitting on it. I just... it's who I am. It's what I've been. Does it make me susceptible to being a target? Yeah, it does.

STAHL: Little bit of lampooning kind of stuff. Kind of making fun of how much you talk.

BIDEN: Well, you know, that's true. Much of the ridicule of me is well deserved.

So Obama has apologized for giving off misleading body language while Biden was talking? Really?

I know Obama loves to apologize but I thought he did that mostly to bash America when meeting with foreign leaders, especially dictators and tyrants.

If Biden really thinks that most of his gaffes are true, he's seriously delusional.

And Stahl doesn't counter his absurd assertion. What Biden says does NOT ring true. A mentally balanced individual doesn't create conversations that never happened and then pass them off as reality.

It's not a matter of Joe being straightforward. It's a matter of Joe being a buffoon.

Does Obama really beg Biden not to change? If so, that's another instance of Obama's poor judgment.

It's ridiculous for Biden to say his alleged honesty makes him a target, opening him up to ridicule. His idiocy opens him up to ridicule.

When Biden says he's not going to change, he's putting everyone on notice that he will continue to put his foot in his mouth and tell flat-out lies.

The way Stahl handles the topic of Biden's gaffes is really awful. Pure lib propaganda, the hallmark of CBS.

No comments: