Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dennis Miller: Obama News Conference and Miss California

Dennis Miller gives his take on Obama's Day 100 news conference, April 29.



Transcript

DENNIS MILLER: First off, I find it weird that we've come to a point in history where a chick running for Miss USA gets harder questions than the President of the United States.

And I don't know what that Zeleny guy from the Times is thinking with that "enchanted" question. It was like I was watching a Brownie Scout meet the Jonas Brothers, for God's sakes. I guess he's back to the Times Building now, sitting there around the fondue ... putting their bread into the fondue pot, talking about how they made a little sense there, like Sammy Sosa when he hit a home run.

BILL O'REILLY: I think Colmes is there, too.

MILLER: Yeah, yeah. They're all feeling good. They got the Ouija board out. It's a beautiful thing. Now conversely, I, like you, dug the Knoller guy from CBS Radio. And I hope CBS Radio had the good sense to take out some wazoo insurance on that guy 'cause he's about to be gang-audited.

Now my other perceptions were: I missed Ed Schultz tonight. I didn't see him, but I guess that the carpooling schedule dictated that he drive the audience home tonight.

I thought Helen Thomas looked beautiful, although the more I see her the more I think that she's Janet Napolitano before you add water.

I noticed the light bulbs behind Barack Obama were not green.

I like the fact that he gave Bush a little credit; and he might call Bush now that Iraq's heating up again, ask him to come over and put his special touch on it, 'cause Bush kept it tamped down. Looks like Barack's letting it go a little bit.

And I would say this about Barack: I like the cut of his jib. I think he's very smooth. But you know something? If my kid said "uh" that much, I would say, 'Hey! Stop saying "uh" that much.'

No comments: