Friday, April 17, 2009

Norm and Mark Levin

The man that CNN's Susan Roesgen confronted and debated at the Chicago Tea Party on Wednesday contacted Mark Levin by e-mailing Levin's website. As a fan of the show, he was interested in talking about his experience at rally.

On Thursday, the man, "Norm," called in and spoke to Levin on his show.

Audio here.



Transcript

MARK LEVIN: You have in this e-mail that you read a book called Vindicating Lincoln, right?

NORM: I did. I heard you had the author, Thomas Krannawitter, on the show. And I just thought he was fantastic. I went out and got the book. I was always kind of a buff on the Civil War, wanted to know more about Lincoln, and heard a lot of stuff, and wanted to clarify what was real and what wasn't real.

LEVIN: All right, now let me hold you right there. So you had boned up on Lincoln. You knew all about Lincoln. You go to this rally with your 2-year-old little son. And now I want to play the clip and then I want to bring you back in, so don't hang up. Here's the clip from CNN. Go.

[CLIP] Norm's confrontation with Susan Roesgen at the Tea Party here.

LEVIN: Now Norm, first of all, you're not anti-government. You're pro-Constitution, isn't that correct?

NORM: That is correct, and in fact...

LEVIN: Hold on. Let me go through..., I'm gonna go through this and I'm gonna let you go.

You weren't sent there by FOX News, were you?

NORM: Absolutely not. Just by listening and saying that we need to engage about what's going on in our society, and where we're going, you know, I actually went to go see the movie Brothers at War. And I said to myself, you know, 'I'm not going to war to defend my country. I'm probably not gonna get the opportunity at my age, but I can step up and do something for these guys that are going over to war, and make sure that they come back to the same country that they left.

LEVIN: Exactly. Exactly. I'm very proud of you, Norm.

Now, also, are you aware of any millionaires or billionaires that back this movement, this rally that you attended?

NORM: Boy, maybe I would like to know some of them because my family is facing some financial difficulties. And we've had to really scale back and make sure that we don't spend any extra money, which, you know, was the impetus for this.

LEVIN: So you are what Obama would call a 'working American.'

NORM: That would be correct, a very hard working American.

LEVIN: So you're a hard working American. You're working very hard to make ends meet. You took time to go to this rally. A reporter begins to ask you a question because she's offended by your sign and the fact that you're holding your 2-year-old son. And then when you start to answer her in an intelligent way, trying to educate her, she cuts you off and then smears the whole event.

NORM: Yeah, pretty much. And not only that, but the stupidity that came out of her mouth was unbelievable. My response to her was gonna be, 'Hey, if you give crack to a crackhead, do you think you're gonna get the crackhead off the crack?' You know, we keep giving these states that aren't fiscally responsible money. That's like giving dope to a dopehead, you know? It just isn't gonna work.

LEVIN: Well, let me say this to you: You are the prime example of what I've been talking about, which is that we outnumber them, that we are an army of millions and millions of activists if we choose to be. And even if we just use our intelligence and our knowledge, and embrace our conservative principles, and confidently put them out there, we will make some very significant gains. We will drive these people out. And you gave a prime example on how to do it there, Norm. And I'm very proud of you.

NORM: Well, thank you. You know, I knew using the Lincoln argument would expose her, because they love to say that he's channeling Lincoln and everything else. So I knew if I kind of picked that argument that she would really try and go to the defense immediately. And that's pretty much exactly what she did. She didn't want to really hear what I had to say. She just wanted to come to Obama's defense instead.

LEVIN: And went right to the talking points of the Democrat Party. Did you notice that?

.................

LEVIN: We salute you. We thank you again. You gave an example on how you deal with a Leftist, whether they have a microphone or not. And what Norm exposed was how stupid they are, just how damn stupid they are. Norm's talking about Abraham Lincoln and she's going down the Obama talking points.

You can do the same thing. I promise you. You can do the same thing. And it doesn't have to be a CNN reporter. It can be in the grocery line. It can be in your school if you have to. It ought to be at your dinner table, breakfast table. It ought to be when you take your kids to soccer, whatever it is. We are on the right side of history. We stand for the right things. We are the people who are going to save humanity, not the Left. The Left is the opposite of all those things.

Susan Roesgen really screwed up.

That relatively short clip of her and Norm perfectly illustrates what the mainstream media have become -- propagandists for the Left rather than reporters.

She threw her credibility as a reporter out the window. The fact that CNN employs her reflects terribly on that network.

No comments: