Friday, May 15, 2009

The Weakland Book: Excerpts



Weakland's own words:

---"In handling these cases, I had accepted naively the common view that it was not necessary to worry about the effects on the youngsters: either they would not remember or would 'grow out of it.'"

---"The parents usually said they would take care of the child if I got the priest out of the area."

---"I never did understand why the [pedophile priest, William Effinger] involved was not the primary object of this anger, but the feeling was that the church had deceived them."

---"When in the summer of 1979 [Marquette graduate student Paul Marcoux] asked me to share an evening meal, I accepted. That evening ended in sexual touches that he later would call 'date rape.' Our sporadic relationship continued, for some months, while I kept closing my eyes to its conflict with my vow of celibacy, the sinfulness of it all..."

What a disgrace!

Weakland displays a stunning cluelessness, incredible immaturity, selfishness, and arrogance.

Weakland is NOT a victim.

No comments: