Thursday, July 23, 2009

Carol Shea-Porter: Wait in Line for Medical Care

If ObamaCare passes, many of Carol Shea-Porter's constituents will be thrilled.


CAROL SHEA-PORTER: I just wanted to make a couple of comments, and say that I heard one of my colleagues say, 'waiting in line,' that people would be waiting in line for medical care. And I would like to say that many of my constituents would love to wait in line for medical care. They're yanked out of line because they don't have coverage. And so it's simply not true to create this sense that people will suddenly lose coverage and life will be miserable for them.

What is she talking about?

Who is getting "yanked out of line because they don't have coverage"?

Hospitals legally cannot turn people away.

I question Shea-Porter's veracity.

When employers drop their current coverage and employees are forced into the government-run socialized medical system, people will find life miserable.

And they will be waiting in line.

Happy?

FACT: Some will be denied care flat-out. Ask Obama's adviser, Ezekiel Emanuel, to explain.

No comments: