Friday, August 21, 2009

Contessa Brewer, MSNBC, White People, and Guns

Greg Gutfeld wonders if MSNBC wants a race war.

I'm not sure about that. However, I do think MSNBC is leaning way to the Left in an effort to get higher ratings than the TV Guide Network.


This much is certain: MSNBC is a disgrace and Contessa Brewer is more than a bit unhinged.

The always entertaining yet insightful Gutfeld writes:

So on Tuesday, we did a segment on this black dude who showed up in Arizona where Barack Obama was speaking – with an assault weapon and a pistol strapped to his shoulder. We all pretty much agreed, that despite his actions being legal, it was still idiotic. There are many things in life that are legal, but totally nuts if done at the wrong time. For example, when I shower I’m completely naked – no law against that. However, try showing up nude at a Jonas Brothers lunch box signing – that’s another story (I blame it on the Ambien).

Yes, there's no need to show up at an Obama event armed with guns. Very bad move.

Similarly, a 40-something male should not show up nude at a Jonas Brothers lunch box signing.

Bad idea.

But this leads me to MSNBC, where on Tuesday Contessa Brewer – someone I’d like to see in a shower - filed a report about health care protesters showing up armed. In it, she used tape of that same black man carrying an assault rifle and said “there are questions about whether this has racial overtones….white people showing up with guns.”

Of course, like I said – the guy was black. But you never would have known. Because MSNBC has strategically edited the tape, so the race of the armed dude wasn’t revealed. You just assumed he was white, thanks to Contessa.

Take a look at the tape from the MSNBC segment:



Once again, Contessa Brewer has made a complete fool herself.

She made a truly racist statement.

Here's video of the armed black man, uncropped by MSNBC.




Gutfeld continues:
How awesome is that? Anyway, later, pop culture analyst Toure added that there is “anger about a black president being president,” again ignoring that the armed man was black.

So why deny this salient fact?

Because it didn’t fit the story MSNBC wanted to tell: that if you disagree with Obama, you must be a white crazy person with guns.

Even if you’re black!

MSNBC is not a credible news outlet. I know I'm stating the obvious. But I do think that this latest incident is particularly significant.

It bolsters the argument that MSNBC has an agenda that is not only Leftist but also racial in nature. Shameless.

Gutfeld concludes:

Look - there were millions of people angry at Bush - and the media never seemed to worry if their own vicious anti-Bush rhetoric would foment hate. Worse, the idea that every angry person is a potential assassin just makes it harder to deal with the real threats. I also resent that my opinion, enraged or not, can be dismissed as racism. Fact is I’ve been against Obama’s policies back when they were Hilary’s policies, and even before that, when they were Ted Kennedy’s and Jimmy Carter’s. Wrongheadedness knows no color, which is why my shorty robes only come in Topaz.

That's what bugs me, the hypocrisy.

So many of these people now crying foul about individuals expressing their anger with Obama's policies were the one's cheering on George W. Bush haters.

It really pisses me off when the likes of Contessa Brewer and Chris Matthews bring race into the debate.

I vehemently oppose Obama's health care policies.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the shade of his skin.

No comments: