Friday, August 21, 2009

Gibbs: 'Wee-Weed Up' Defined

Robert Gibbs has clarified Obama's rather bizarre comment yesterday: "There is something about August going into September where everybody in Washington gets all wee weed up!"

From the White House press briefing earlier today:

Q Robert, can you shed any more light -- you mentioned a couple of days ago that there might be some events during the scheduled Vineyard vacation, some conference calls. And second part, what is "wee-weed up"?

GIBBS: I don't know if I should do that from the podium. (Laughter.) It's a phrase I use, but --

Q I'm not asking for a demonstration. I just --

GIBBS: Well, I was going to have Bill do that. (Laughter.)

GIBBS: Let's do this in a way that is family friendly. I think wee-weed up is when people just get all nervous for no particular reason, when they -- look, I think the way the President used it was -- and I've talked to a few of you guys about this -- in August of 2007, right, the rap on the President and the campaign was they can't -- first of all, they're doing poorly in Iowa; they can't possibly win the nomination, let alone the presidency, right, so I'll leave those predications aside. August of 2008, everybody was nervous about whether the entire presidential campaign was slipping out from underneath the hands of the President, who they previously didn't think would actually be the nominee.

So this is just -- this is sort of an August pundit pattern between people getting overly nervous for something that still has a long way to go. Bed-wetting is -- would be probably the more consumer-friendly term for -- (laughter.)

OK.

Obama said that in August and September people in Washington get nervous and start bed-wetting.

Gross. Certainly not cool.


Video.

No comments: