Thursday, September 17, 2009

Krauthammer: Racism Last Refuge of Liberal Scoundrel

Charles Krauthammer comments on the Democrats strategy of using race as a ploy to silence opposition to Obama's health care plan.

Video.



Transcript

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: The accusation of racism is a sign of desperation by people who know they are losing the national debate, and they want to hurl the ultimate charge in American politics. This is dealing from the bottom of the deck, and I agree that it is a disgusting tactic.

It's done as a way to end debate. The minute you call somebody a racist, the debate is over. You don't continue.

I mean, accusations of racism are the last refuge of the liberal scoundrel.

As for Maureen Dowd imagining a word that wasn't said, well, in my previous profession (psychiatry), I saw a lot of people who also heard words that weren't said. They were called patients, and many of them were actually helped with medication. The reason that she won't be, and others who are hurling the accusation, is because it's a deliberate attempt to change the subject and discredit the opposition with an unapprovable ad hominem.

Exactly.

I completely agree with Krauthammer.

One last point--

I know he's the doctor, but I have always contended that perhaps medication might help Dowd.

No comments: