Sunday, September 20, 2009

Obama: 'Stand in Line' for Flu Shot

Put this in the "Yeah, right" file, or possibly the "You lie" file.

Obama says he will stand in line to receive his H1N1 vaccine just like everyone else.

Video.




Transcript

JOHN KING: I'm over my time. If I can, I want to ask you one question as a parent, not as a president. I was on a college campus this week and at a lab where they're trying to make an H1N1 vaccine. As a parent with two daughters in school, how are you dealing with this? And does the Obama family plan include a vaccine for you?

OBAMA: Well, the -- here's the Obama family plan, is to call up my HHS secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, and my CDC director and just ask them, what's your recommendation? And whatever they tell me to do, I will do.

My understanding at this point is that the high-risk populations are going to be first with the vaccine, and that means not only health care workers, but particularly children with underlying neurological vulnerabilities. And so we've got to make sure that those vaccines go to them first.

I'm assuming -- and pregnant women, by the way -- after that, I think you're looking at kids, and so Malia and Sasha would fall into that category. I suspect that I may come fairly far down the line, so we're not going to -- here's what I guarantee you. We want to get vaccinated. We think it's the right thing to do. We will stand in line like everybody else. And when folks say it's our turn, that's when we'll get it.

What a load!

Note that CNN cleaned up the transcript.

Obama clearly and mistakenly said, "MAYA and Sasha would fall into that category."

Why did CNN change the transcript and make the correction? Obama didn't say "Malia."

It's not really a transcript of the interview, is it?

It is typical CNN.

2 comments:

LL said...

I normally get a flu shot every year pro forma.

This year I'm going to pass on it. Dear Leader and his minions are true space cadets and I have no idea what they're up to (if anything).

Best not to touch anything they touch, though.

Elliott said...

LOL, photo op!!