Monday, October 26, 2009

Laura Ingraham: Charlie Gibson, FOX News, the White House

Laura Ingraham told the truth yesterday on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos.



Transcript, from NewsBusters:

LAURA INGRAHAM, TALK RADIO HOST: Can I speak as the Fox representative on this show? By the way, you're all going to be banned from any future White House events for having me at this table. Bill Schein said that, and I know him well, he said that because he believes that of all the networks, Fox was going to hold the administration the most accountable. And the last time I checked, I thought that was the role of the press. I think, and again, I might not be invited back, George, but when Charlie Gibson didn't know what the ACORN story was all about, that was a collective gasp you heard across the United States. Charlie Gibson is an esteemed journalist. How do you not know about a story about a, about a group where President Obama cut his political teeth that had been exposed to the extent that Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill were ready to pull the rug out from under them and their funding? That's the kind of story that the White House doesn't want to have reported and repeated on other networks. That's why they don't like Fox News. [...]

Stephanopoulos' response was pathetic. "Well, eh, eh, eh, Charlie's had an amazing career. Set aside that moment."

Of course, he would stand up for his ABC colleague but the fact is it's wrong to set aside Gibson's ACORN moment.

It was very telling and it factors into the discussion of the White House war on FOX News.

INGRAHAM: I think a lot of people say if the Administration had the same view of, of, of the way to treat other threats to the United States, whether economic threats or real threats, Islamic jihadists, and don't probably put Fox in that same category, then it would be okay. I mean, they're so impassioned about Fox, meanwhile, it's kind of like very even rhetoric about other threats...I just think honestly the passion, the passion when you send out Emanuel and Axelrod and the President comments on it, I haven't seen them talk about other real threats in the same coordinated and sophisticated way as they're going after Fox. I mean, honestly, it looks defensive...We want him to treat the terrorists like that.

What I got from that roundtable discussion is that other members of the media are in the uncomfortable position of standing up for FOX. It pains them to do it.

They don't want to criticize Obama and the White House. HOST Stephanopoulos is a Dem hack. He's an apologist for Gibson and Obama. He looks rather biased to me.

2 comments:

Charles Rinehart said...

People better wake up to the crap the white house is shoving at us. Laura tells it like it is, and she has always been right on in her observations. Great blog. All the best.

Charles Rinehart said...

Laura Ingraham really knows how to answer a question without avoiding it. Calling Gibson what he is was right on. I mean Gibson is a pure buffoon. No doubt. I love it.