Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reasons Green Bay Fans Are Glad Favre's Gone

Frank Caliendo, as David Letterman, delivered a Top Ten List in honor of Brett Favre's return to Lambeau as a Minnesota Viking.

Favre playing at Lambeau as the quarterback for the Vikings makes me feel sick. I really don't want to see it. Favre back at Lambeau WEARING PURPLE -- Oh, God.



DAVID LETTERMAN (FRANK CALIENDO): That's today's big story -- Brett Favre going back home to Lambeau Field, and the crowd might not be so happy to see him. And believe me, you're looking at a guy who knows a thing or two about coming home to a hostile environment.

REASONS GREEN BAY FANS ARE GLAD BRETT'S GONE

10. TIRED OF WINNING.

9. WE REALLY LIKE THE NEW GUY, AARON WHAT'S HIS NAME.

8. EXCITING LAST-SECOND VICTORIES NOT GOOD FOR THE BLOOD PRESSURE.

7. LESS LAMBEAU VISITS BY BRADSHAW.

6. PESKY PLAYOFFS GOT IN THE WAY OF ICE FISHING SEASON.

5. NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE ASKED HE WOULDN'T CHANGE HIS NAME TO 'BRAT' FAVRE.

4. WE LIKE OUR QUARTERBACKS TO HAVE LESS GRAY HAIR THAN JIMMY JOHNSON.

3. WE ONLY WON ONE SUPER BOWL WITH HIM, LOOK HOW MANY WE'VE WON SINCE...UM NEVERMIND.

2. IF WE WANTED TO DEAL WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN'T COMMIT, WE'D OF HAD GEORGE CLOONEY AT QB.

1. WE LIKE OUR DIVAS TO BE FEMALE.

3 comments:

Cyd said...

Mary, I think you have taken this Favre hatred thing a bit too far and certainly to the end of the line. As a long time Minnesota fan, back when they had the likes of Page, Eller, Marshall, Krause, and Tarkenton I am ecstatic that Favre is with the Vikes. Though that is not my point. My point is that Alan Page left the Vikes and played for the Chicago Bears to finish his career though to me and all other loyal Viking fans, he will always be a Viking. Same goes for Favre and the Pack. He will and should always be considered a Packer. Same for Joe Montana and the 49ers and Chiefs. It is not Favre's fault that he wanted to play longer and, as you can see, he still can contribute a great deal to a team. It was the Packer organization that turned their backs on him and not the other way around. You should be happy for the man and not worry about the uniform he is finishing his career in.

Mary said...

What do you mean I've "taken this Favre hatred thing a bit too far"?

It's not like I'm burning him in effigy or something extreme. I still have my Favre jerseys and all my other Favre stuff. I haven't thrown it out.

I merely expressed my pregame status -- sick. (My postgame status is worse.)

If you think feeling sick about seeing Favre in Lambeau as a Viking is inappropriate then you just don't get it. I make no apologies for my queasiness.

I know how the league works. It doesn't bother me at all that Longwell is a Viking. Good for him. Favre is a different story.

By the way, have you ever stood next to Longwell? He's really small. But I digress.

I'm certainly not happy for Favre. Why would I be happy that our division rival beat my team or that the Vikings are 7-1? That's not what football is about.

Rob Will said...

I'm so sick of repeating this. The pack did not turn their backs of favre. Before his season with the Jets started the pack management asked TWICE, including a flight down to Mississippi by McCarthy and Thompson. He said no. Pack went ahead and drafted 2 QBs in the draft, and acclimated Rodgers into the offense. Then 2 weeks into camp Favre shows back up, expecting the world to just bend to his will. That's the story. Look it up.