Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Obama: C-SPAN Lies

Obama is a liar. There's no disputing that.

Transparent? Accountable?

What a liar!

Where's Joe Wilson?




Obama, how do you lie to me?

Let me count the ways.

Obama in his own words/lies...

Transcript

CNN DEBATE
JANUARY 2OO8

"Not negotiating behind closed doors but bringing all parties together, and broadcasting those negotiations on C-SPAN so that the American people can see what the choices are, 'cause part of what we have to do is enlist the American people in this process."

You lie!
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
JANUARY 20, 2008

"I would put my plan forward and I would welcome input and say, 'Here are my goals: reduce costs, increase quality, coverage for everybody. If you have better ideas, please present them.' But these negotiations will be on C-SPAN. And so the public will be part of the conversation and will see the choices that are being made."

You lie!
GOOGLE Q AND A
NOVEMBER 14, 2008

"I respect what the Clintons tried to do in 1993 in moving health reform forward. But they made one really big mistake, and that is they took all their people and all their experts into a room and then they closed the door... We will work on this process publicly. It'll be on C-SPAN. It will be streaming over the Net."

You lie!
VIRGINIA TOWN HALL
AUGUST 21, 2008

"We'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents and who is, who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies."

You lie!
OHIO TOWN HALL
MARCH 1, 2008

"But here's the thing: We're going to do all these negotiations on C-SPAN so the American people will be able to watch these negotiations."

You lie!
KEENE SENTINEL
NOVEMBER 27, 2007

"Drug and insurance companies will have a seat at the table. They just won't be able to buy every single chair. And we will have a public, uh, process for forming this plan. It will be televised on C-SPAN. I can't guarantee you it will be exciting so not everybody's going to be watching it. But it will be transparent and accountable to the American people.

"...And one of my jobs as the president will be to guide this process so that it's an honest process."

You lie!
ST. PETERSBURG TIMES
MAY 2008

"To the drug and the insurance companies, who are still gonna have a lot of power, uh, in Washington and are still gonna try to block reforms that are taking place. So that's why I said, for example, that I want the negotiations to be taking place on C-SPAN."

You lie!
INDIANA TOWN HALL
APRIL 25, 2008

"So I'll put forward my plan, but what I'll say is, 'Look, if you've got better ideas, I'm happy to listen to them.' But all this will be done on C-SPAN in front of the public."

You lie!

I don't see how Obama can allow this compilation of clips to go unanswered. It's a devastating video.

It's akin to Richard Nixon's "I'm not a crook" statement.


3 comments:

Bob Keller said...

I believe Obama's failure to live up to his campaign promise to open up the Health Care Restructuring debate on C-SPAN is his "read my lips, no new taxes" moment.

So far the White House handling of this issue has been pathetic.

Anonymous said...

The converted don't question this type of thing. Just give it a little more time.

Mary said...

Yes, it is a "read my lips, no new taxes," which reminds me of another of Obama's campaign lies.

I think there's hope. Some of the Obama cult members are getting a bit ticked off. Jack Cafferty ripped liar Barack.