Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tommy Thompson for Senate: Undecided

UPDATE, March 1, 2010: Tommy Thompson is sending signals.
___________________

I'm having flashbacks of Brett Favre's pattern of leaving the Packers hanging.

"Maybe I will. Maybe I won't."

Tommy Thompson remains undecided about challenging Russ Feingold.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson says he's undecided on whether he will run for U.S. Senate and he doesn't know when he will make up his mind.

Thompson spoke about the race Thursday following a speech at a management conference in Madison.

Thompson seemed to indicate it may be a while before he makes up his mind.

He says voters won't decide who to elect to Senate until after Labor Day.

The filing deadline is July 13.

I can understand that Thompson hasn't made a decision at this point, but to suggest that he may string along Republicans for months ticks me off.

It's selfish.

If Thompson gets "the itch," I hope he starts scratching soon.

There needs to be a formidable Republican candidate to take on Feingold. The sooner we know that candidate's identity the better.

I saw a TV commercial yesterday from the Terrence Wall campaign.

I don't think Feingold is worried about Wall as an opponent. If I were Feingold, I wouldn't be concerned.

No comments: