Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Randy Neugebauer: 'Baby Killer'

Congressman Randy Neugebauer says that he shouted "baby killer" during the health care debate while Bart Stupak was speaking.

Neugebauer says his remarks weren't directed at Stupak.


Video.


Transcript

RANDY NEUGEBAUER: Some people thought those passionate remarks were directed at Congressman Stupak. They were not directed at Congressman Stupak. They were directed at what was unfolding before my very eyes, and that was certainly the government takeover of health care, you know, using the lives of unborn children as somehow a deal, backroom deal maker to push that legislation through, and I found that unacceptable. I think the American people find it unacceptable.

...

I'll never apologize for the passion, uh, should... but I certainly didn't want Congressman Stupak to think that those remarks were directed at him. Really they were just directed at the bill that was pending where we were going to kill children. The innocent lives of unborn children were at stake in that piece of legislation last night, and I just felt like that their voice needed to be heard.

...

What I have to do is balance between making sure their voices are heard and, you know, having the proper decorum on the House of the floor, of the House of Representatives. You know, and, but I'm not going to apologize for the passion, you know, and I'm going to keep speaking on their behalf.

QUESTION: Would you call that comment last night proper decorum on the House floor?

NEUGEBAUER: It probably wasn't. But you know what? It was in many ways, it was the truth. And sometimes the truth isn't always easy to hear.

It's hard for me to believe that Neugebauer's "passion" just happened to boil over when Stupak was talking. That would have been quite a coincidence for Neugebauer to lose control and shout "baby killer" at that precise time.

Although he says his comment wasn't directed at Stupak, he does say his remark was truthful.

So who's the "baby killer"? All those in favor of the bill? I guess there's truth in that, but I don't buy that Stupak wasn't Neugebauer's target.

Neugebauer did apologize to his colleagues for his outburst and he did call Stupak.

That was the right thing to do. Of course, it would have been better had Neugebauer managed to control himself in the first place.

I understand his outrage over Stupak claiming to be concerned about the sanctity of life and then failing to defend the unborn, selfishly accepting political cover in Obama's sham of an executive order.

That's still no excuse to behave inappropriately.

4 comments:

jimspice said...

I agree that this executive order business is a sham, but if you could point out specifically where the bill funds abortion, I'd be forever grateful.

Cyd said...

Jim asks:

but if you could point out specifically where the bill funds abortion, I'd be forever grateful.

Why don't you ask Obama, Jim? He signed the executive order, so he himself must think it is in the bill. But wait, do you think he nor anyone else knows WTF is in the bill, now law? I'm sure that I am unnecessarily worrying because lucky for us we have such stellar examples of government representatives that they were certain no negative things were in this bill that may some day bite us in the a$$. Right Jim?

jimspice said...

So you couldn't find it the bill either? Man, I wonder where all this is coning from.

Cyd said...

Never looked for it, Jim. Maybe you don't have a problem with your President not knowing what is in a bill that he signs as law and then executes "compromising" executive orders willy nilly like, but I certainly do. You need to ask Barry why he signed an executive order for something NOT in the bill, according to you, then get back to me.