Monday, May 3, 2010

Conan O'Brien '60 Minutes' Interview (Video)

Can you feel the hate?

Here's the full video of Steve Kroft's 60 Minutes interview with Conan O'Brien:



Watch CBS News Videos Online

So Conan O'Brien -- the rebel, unleashed, free from the NBC tyrants -- has grown a beard.

What sweet revenge!

Good grief.

There were some very telling moments in the 60 Minutes interview. O'Brien came off as a very angry, bitter person. Although he made the decision to walk away from The Tonight Show and he had no qualms about forcing Jay Leno out as host, he acts like he was the only victim in the late night drama. He seems utterly incapable of grasping Leno's perspective.

It's all rather pathetic.

STEVE KROFT: Do you believe he acted honorably during all of this?

CONAN O'BRIEN: (Long, loud sigh) I don't, I don't think I can answer that. I don't think, uh, um... I can just tell you maybe how I would have handled it. And I would do it differently.

O'Brien did answer Kroft's question, loud and clear. He doesn't do himself any favors by lashing out at Leno.

Personally, I don't think NBC gave O'Brien enough time to establish himself as host. But any sympathy I have for O'Brien is wiped out when he demonizes Leno.

The clips that were shown of O'Brien's live show, "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour," weren't funny. I hope they weren't representative of the full performance. His whining is so stale. Enough already.

O'Brien should let it go, move on, and make NBC regret its decision by being funny and successful, not by being ugly and spiteful.

No comments: