Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Donald Trump and Jimmy Fallon

On Monday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Donald Trump talked about his possible run for president in 2012.

Video.


Transcript

JIMMY FALLON: I don't know if you heard this, but I heard that you're running for president in 2012.

DONALD TRUMP: Well, the word 'running' is too strong. I'm thinking about it for the first time in my life. I hate what's happening to the country. I hate what OPEC is doing to us. They're just sucking the lifeblood out of us and nobody's there to negotiate, nobody's there to talk, and nobody's there to be tough.

And I hate what China's doing. You know we're rebuilding China because, I don't want to say everything, but a lot of the things that we make, we used to make product. We don't make anything anymore. China makes it. And we're rebuilding China. They have trillions and trillions of dollars that comes from us. And I'm just so tired of seeing what I'm seeing.

Now if somebody else did it, I'd be very happy, but nobody is stepping forward, nobody is saying what's going on. You know, we have unemployment. We have all of the problems that we have and we're just, between oil prices, we have 11 guys sitting around a table saying oil is going to be... We have oil all over the place. They have tankers out at sea, hundreds of tankers. They don't know what to do with it. They don't know what to do with the oil there's so much of it, but they fix the price.

If you and I did that, if we had stores, we'd go to jail. OK? We'd go to jail. So I hate seeing what's happening and so do a lot of other people. So, I'm thinking about it.

FALLON: That's interesting. So what you're saying, like, they fix the price...

TRUMP: They set the price of oil. I mean, oil is $82 a barrel right now. It probably should be $40, probably should be $35. They sit around and they say this is what the oil is going to be. And we don't have anybody with the whatever it is that's necessary to tell them it ain't gonna happen that way.

FALLON: All right. OK, well, if you're looking for a running mate, I'm available.

TRUMP: That'd be some team. That'd be some team.

FALLON: We would so lose. It'd be awful.

Trump for president?

I don't know.

I suppose if Arnold Schwarzenegger can be governor of California Trump could be president.

No comments: