Monday, December 13, 2010

Barbara Walters and John Boehner: Emotional Problem

Barbara Walters declared on The View this morning that the next Speaker of the House, John Boehner, has an emotional problem.

After a clip of Lesley Stahl's 60 Minutes interview with Boehner, choking up as he talks about kids and the opportunity to realize one's dreams, the panel mocks Boehner.

Walters has spent thirty years doing interveiws that bring her subjects to tears. She wallows in her ability to get them to cry. She loves emotion. She doesn't criticize the displays.

In Boehner's case, however, displays of emotion are a sign of a clinical problem.

Video.




Transcript

BARBARA WALTERS: This guy, I'm sorry, he's going to be Speaker of the House, and he's not going to invite me to his Christmas Party; but this guy has an emotional problem, that every time he talks about anything that's not raise taxes, he cries.

And if this were a woman, if you saw Nancy Pelosi, who's been vilified, and I'm not taking sides, I'm only talking about if you saw her getting up and crying, she said, last month she was asked to comment on his crying, she said, 'If I cried about the personal loss of a friend or something like that, but when it comes to politics, I don't cry.'

If you had seen Nancy Pelosi all these past years crying, what would you say?

...I hope he's a good Speaker of the House, but he's got a problem.

Walters is so bitter.

She didn't trash Oprah Winfrey for breaking down when she talked about her best friend, Gayle.

I don't see what Pelosi has to do with Boehner. Is Walters pissed that Pelosi wasn't allowed to cry? Why attack Boehner to make her larger point about a double standard for women politicians?

There's no need to slam Boehner as having a "problem."

Walters claims that she's not taking sides.

BS.

She whines about not being invited to Boehner's Christmas party. She takes the cheap shot about Boehner and taxes.

Right. Walters isn't taking sides.

Did she diss Bill Clinton when he'd get emotional and a tear would trickle down his face?

5 comments:

Harvey Finkelstein said...

What a bunch of smarmy hypocrites; but we already knew that, didn't we.

Anonymous said...

Typical 2-faced woman routine; and I am a woman myself. First, promote men getting 'close to their feelings' 30 years ago - good ploy, Barbara Walters and Leslie Stahl. Then, when a man has genuine feelings and expresses them, stab him right between his cryin' eyes. Do you want to know why Boehner is crying? I'll tell you. He has enough insider information to know that: (1) little kids in school today won't have a chance to break out of deadend lives, and worse they may end up in concentration camps; (2) that America's national security is walking a tightrope over a bottomless pit; and (3) that the "American dream" that made his own life worth living is just about game over. UNLESS people with his kind of heart and guts can win the major battles next year, before it's too late. The crisis is urgent. Boehner is my hero, and I'll cry with him anytime.

Mike said...

You actually watch "The View"?

Unknown said...

When did Walters become a Psychiatrist? I'm so happy for the other three nitwits who got such a good laugh out of it. I don't know how Elizabeth Hasselback can work with this crew of biased left wing nuts.

John Boehner is a real person. I suppose all of the WEEPING goodbye speeches we have been hearing in the House this week by the loser Liberals makes them emotionally unstable. Does that mean that for the past 4 years we have been led in the HOUSE by nitwits?

John, do your thing.

This was written by by my husband Richard and I agree..

idtakenlol@yahoo.com said...

Barbara lacks empathy and shows no emotion and appears very judgmental of others. A lot these past few years.
Especially those who can't serve or be of use to her.

Perhaps if Boehner has an emotional disorder she can also check the DSM for her own. Those expressing her traits often fail to see their own faults or ever seek help. For they do not see a problem with themselves.

Give me someone who is empathetic and cries any day over someone who lacks empathy. We have all seen the media stories about people in news stories that lack empathy-it is not a good side of humanity Barbara. But hey I am an empathetic person who breastfed her children so you already passed judgement on me long ago. That is when I stopped watching your shows.
On to the next I said with a tear in my eye Barbara you so disappoint me-I once saw you as a strong go getter. Than I just saw you as...(Play a tape of all Barbara's negative degrading comments about others here to act as a mirror) that should do it


Touche