Friday, March 11, 2011

Walker Saves 1500 Jobs

Governor Scott Walker is looking out for the middle class taxpayers of Wisconsin.

From the New York Times:

Gov. Scott Walker announced on Friday that he was rescinding layoff notices for 1,500 state workers after Wisconsin lawmakers approved his plan to cut collective bargaining rights and benefits for public employees. The approval, after nearly a month of angry demonstrations and procedural maneuvering, will create enough budget savings, Mr. Walker said, that layoffs will not be needed now.

Governor Walker, via Twitter:
The budget repair allows us to save 1500 state jobs. I notified the unions of the good news this AM.

I wonder if the unions and their minions see the Governor's ability to rescind the 1500 layoff notices as "good news."

I doubt it.

I wonder if Obama and Jesse Jackson and Michael Moore are pleased.

I doubt it.

Gee, as I see it, rescinding layoff notices doesn't seem like denigrating and vilifying public employees.

Saving jobs and holding the line on taxes isn't an assault on the middle class.

No comments: