Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Obama: Anonymous

So Obama wants to be anonymous.

He misses being a nobody.

The president said he loves his life in the White House but doesn't enjoy some of the ways of Washington, such as the "kabuki dance" among political partisans before serious policy discussions begin. He also regrets his loss of personal privacy.

"I just miss - I miss being anonymous," he said at the meeting in the White House. "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks. I can't take a walk."

He says he enjoys golf but is not the fanatic that some have portrayed.

"It's the only excuse I have to get outside for four hours at a stretch," he said.

His impossible dream: "I just want to go through Central Park (in New York) and watch folks passing by ... spend the day watching people. I miss that."

That's why he golfs so much. It's the only way he can get outside.

What a crock!

If it makes Obama feel any better, he should know that at least half the country wishes he still had his anonymity and spent his Saturday "squeezing the fruit."

JAY LENO: President Obama said in an interview over the weekend he misses being anonymous. He said, 'I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, going to the market.'

Hey, be careful what you wish for. 2012 is just around the corner.

No comments: