Monday, May 2, 2011

Geraldo Rivera and Osama Bin Laden's Death

Geraldo Rivera was thrilled to report that Osama bin Laden is dead.

It was as if he couldn't believe it when he learned the news and read it live on the air.

Transcript

GERALDO RIVERA: Stand by. Let's see. Hold on, hold on. I'm getting... what's this? Quick, quick.

(Reading)

'Senior Capitol Hill producer Chad Pergram confirms Osama bin Laden is dead. Senior Captiol Hill producer Chad Pergram confirms Osama bin Laden is dead.'

Can it be, ladies and gentlemen? Could it be?

Chad is one of the best in the business. He really is an extraordinary person. I just, I'm...

Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it.

(Reading)

'Bin Laden is dead. Bin Laden is dead. Confirmed. Urgent. Confirmed. Bin Laden is dead. Multiple sources.'

Osama bin Laden is dead. Happy days! Happy days, everybody!

This is the greatest night of my career. The bum is dead, the savage who hurt us so grievously. And I am so blessed, I'm so privileged to be at this desk at this moment.

...I think that his continued existence on this earth, Osama bin Laden's continued existence on this earth has represented a continuing humiliation to the United States of America. He defied President George W. Bush, 43, and President Barack Obama, president 44, for all this time.

I don't care if he died falling into, you know, a mud hole or hitting his head on a car. The fact that he is dead, and we have multiple sources...

...Isn't that wonderful news? Isn't this a brilliant way to start your week?

FOX News is confirming, our senior Capitol Hill producer Chad Pergram, citing multiple sources, that the terror mastermind, the nightmare, America's long nightmare... how wonderful is it that as we approach the tenth anniversary of September 11th...?

And I remember my kids' elementary school, we lost at least a half a dozen dads who worked for Cantor Fitzgerald and some of these other companies on Wall Street on 9/11, that's why I came to FOX News, to pursue and watch that monster being removed, being punished.

It is beyond joy that I bring you... I wish I could confirm it with my own eyes and my own reporter's notebook.

I trust Chad Pergram totally, and I want very much to get him on the phone. I want to hear it from his, his voice.

...All right. Chad's on the phone now. Chad Pergram...

CHAD PERGRAM: Hello.

RIVERA: Chad, let's have it. Let's have it. What do you know?

PERGRAM: I am told by multiple sources on Capitol Hill that Osama bin Laden is dead. That's the bottom line here.

Rivera was giddy.

Video.


5 comments:

David said...

During Geraldo's exhaultation last night, did anyone else hear his slip and joyously say that OBAMA was now confirmed dead.?

Even thought Geraldo paused for a full "5-count" he did manage to catch himself and correct his mistake.

I LMAO'd. :-)

Unknown said...

Killed by a bobm a week agao? Seems like Fox News continues to jump the gun when reporting the facts.

Unknown said...

Killed by a bomb a week ago? Seems like Fox News continues to get the facts wrong!

Mary said...

This was a MAJOR flub by MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell:

MSNBC correspondent accidentally reports on Twitter that ‘Obama’ killed

Oops!

Dniteshade said...

Geraldo Rivera DID NOT say Osama Bin Laden was killed more then a week ago......The White House Correspondent "Chad" Told and Confirmed Geraldo that. Watch the video again.