Monday, May 2, 2011

Jimmy Fallon: Trump, Obama, and Bin Laden's Death

Donald Trump reacted to the death of Osama bin Laden on Monday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

Video here.




Transcript

"DONALD TRUMP": Ladies and gentlemen, as you all know something hugely important and gravely serious happened last night. That's right. The last 16 minutes of Celebrity Apprentice were interrupted by President Obama.

Instead of seeing the thrilling conclusion of the Farouk Hair System hair show challenge, people were forced to watch President Obama inform the nation that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is dead.

I don't know about you, but to me, the message is clear: President Obama is so scared of me and so desperate for attention that he felt the need to hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden right in the middle of my show. That's an Obama move.

Mr. President, you mean to tell me that of all the times you could have picked to bring the most wanted man in the world to justice, you had to do it during one of the most exciting boardrooms in the history of Celebrity Apprentice?

I mean, it was great TV. NeNe was yelling at Star. Star was yelling at NeNe. Great, great stuff.

But why couldn't you have interrupted a low-rated NBC show, like America's Next Great Restaurant, or Chuck, or The Event, or Perfect Couples, or Outsourced, or Friday Night... basically any other show on NBC? Where were you during The Paul Reiser Show, Mr. President?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great news that Osama bin Laden is dead. It's fantastic news, terrific news. But couldn't this news have waited 15 more minutes? This way you could have interrupted - let's see what comes on after The Celebrity Apprentice - oh, yeah... THE NEWS. Maybe you could have waited to announce this news during THE NEWS.

The fact is the President clearly coordinated this secret CIA mission, assassination, and ensuing press conference specifically to cut off the end of my show, The Celebrity Apprentice.

So, basically, I killed Osama bin Laden. So congratulations to me - Donald Trump. Thank you. You're welcome.

Anyway, we now return to whatever the hell is on NBC right now. Honestly, I have no idea. I think it's The Late Times with Jason Fallon.

I'm Donald Trump. And God bless Donald Trump.

Thank you, Mr. Trump, for bringing bin Laden to justice.

No comments: