Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weiner: 'Can't Say With Certitude'

UPDATE, June 8, 2011: Gawker posts the DEMOCRAT Weiner photo.
________________

UPDATE, June 6, 2011: DEMOCRAT Weiner says with certitude the photo is of his crotch.

Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York said today he has engaged in "several inappropriate" electronic relationships with six women over three years, and that he publicly lied about a photo of himself sent over Twitter to a college student in Seattle over a week ago.

"I take full responsibility for my actions," Weiner said. "The picture was of me, and I sent it."

DEMOCRAT Weiner is a liar.

He addressed the media repeatedly about the photo and he lied repeatedly.

Because of the cover-up and the lies, I think DEMOCRAT Weiner should resign immediately.

________________

DEMOCRAT Rep. Anthony Weiner "can't say with certitude" that this lewd photo posted on his Twitter account was him.



From TPM:

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) told MSNBC's Luke Russert today that he couldn't say "with certitude" that the lewd photograph sent out last weekend on his Twitter account wasn't a picture of him.

"That's not a picture of you?" Russert asked Weiner in one of what was reportedly a series of interviews Weiner planned for Wednesday afternoon to address the growing furor over the photo.

"I can't say with certitude," Weiner responded.

Weiner went on to say that his computer was "hacked," but added that pictures can be "manipulated."

Watch Luke Russert's complete interview with DEMOCRAT Weiner.



Although DEMOCRAT Weiner claims his Twitter account was hacked, he's not bringing in investigators to find the culprit.

That and DEMOCRAT Weiner's weird lack of "certitude" convinces me that he's lying.

The lying may be Weiner's undoing.

If DEMOCRAT Weiner were a Republican, he would be toast.

Here's more video, from yesterday, of DEMOCRAT Weiner evading questions about the scandal.

DEMOCRAT Weiner, uncut:


2 comments:

jimspice said...

Let me preface this with saying upon Feingold's defeat, Weiner is my favorite politician at the federal level.

Also, let me say that IF he did this, screw him.

Now, I don't believe he did this. And when it is proved as such, I expect an apology from you. Specifically, I expect you to say "what a breath of fresh air for a politician to refuse to give in to the bullshit."

Mary said...

I think you're being naive. "Can't say with certitude?" Come on.

In order to prove what happened, there needs to be an investigation, conducted by the police. Weiner doesn't want that. That makes no sense to me. If he didn't do it, he would want to clear his name and do everything possible to achieve that end.

Furthermore, he should be able to say with complete certitude that the photo is not him, unless he takes crotch shots.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but I phrase my own apologies.

Regarding the outcome of the scandal and an apology from me, I'm afraid you should expect to be disappointed.