Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sarah Pease, Sarah Strong

Here's a moving story, from FOX 6 News:

 

Struggles detailed in an online diary. In one entry Sarah wrote, "In June I was in Kentucky helping rebuild houses. In July, I was in Alaska and climbed a mountain. Now I'm here, it doesn't seem fair."

In another she writes, "I'm hoping to have a nice Super Bowl party at home complete with brats." She received an Honorary Commission to West Point and Make a Wish, granted one of her dreams to meet her favorite band Maroon 5.

The morning after her father wrote an entry in her diary reading, "Sarah held my hand as we looked into each other's eyes and slipped away. I praise God that she did not have to endure more pain."

This is heartbreaking.

I pray Sarah's family finds comfort and strength in their faith, knowing that she is at peace.

According to this FOX 6 report, Sarah's friends say if her story has touched you, DONATE to a leukemia charity, DONATE to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, or DONATE blood. DONATE to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

How Strong? Sarah Strong!

2 comments:

Madalyn said...

Sarah was a very close friend of mine, and I am still wearing my Sarah Strong shirt today. Thank you for sharing this with your fellow bloggers - I know that it is greatly appreciated, especially by her family and other close friends.

Mary said...

Madalyn, I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm sure there are many people like me who were deeply touched by Sarah's story. Hopefully, they will be moved to make a donation in her memory.

I didn't know Sarah but it seems like she was a very special person. You were blessed to have her as your friend and she was blessed to have such supportive close friends like you.

I know how terribly difficult it is to deal with her illness, what strength it takes to fight it. And I know how hard it is to watch someone you care about struggle.

I'm keeping Sarah's family and all of her friends in my prayers.