Monday, August 8, 2011

Four Shootings in Milwaukee

UPDATE, August 8, 2011: Pregnant woman killed; police seek help in finding suspects
________________

Another Saturday night in Milwaukee means more shootings.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Four people were injured in shootings overnight, according to Milwaukee police.

According to police:

The first occurred about 10:15 p.m. Saturday in the 2800 block of N. 6th St. A 33-year-old man was standing in the roadway speaking with an acquaintance seated in the driver's side of a van when an unknown person walked by and shot the victim in the leg. The victim is in stable condition.

The second happened at 10:30 p.m. Saturday in the 9100 block of N. 75th St. A 31-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound after a confrontation at his front door with two unknown suspects. He is in stable condition. Police are still interviewing witnesses in an attempt to identify the suspects.

About 1 a.m., a 44-year-old man was shot in the leg when he intervened in an altercation between his son and a group of juveniles in the 2300 block of S. 34th St. The man is in good condition and refused medical attention.

At 1:30 a.m., police were dispatched to a shooting at Champs Clubhouse Bar, in the 2900 block of N. 8th St. An 18-year-old victim was shot in the shoulder in the parking lot. The victim is in stable condition. Police continue to interview witnesses in an attempt to identify suspects.

I guess this is the new normal in Milwaukee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The second incident, unfortunately I was that victim that night. Was home with 11 children in the house. I open the door and 1 man was still there. I proceed to ask him what he wanted and the other man steps out from my patio area with a gun to my face demanding I lay on the floor. I yelled and told him I had my kids in the house....which at this time they hear the commotion and come down to where I was. The man with the gun pointed it towards my children and I grabbed for the gun but somehow he shook me off. As I'm getting up from the floor he shot me in the stomache. I'd go through it a hundred more times if it meant my children are safe. Thank to man above for getting us through that situation. Lucky for me the gunshot wound was the only damage done. No major organs hit and I'm alive and well so all thanks go to our Lord.