Monday, August 8, 2011

Steve Rattner, Tea Party, Suicide Bombers

The truth has come back to bite Steve Rattner, Obama's former "car czar."

On This Week, Rattner flat-out lied about calling Republican congressmen terrorists, likening them to suicide bombers.

Video.




Transcript, from NewsBusters:

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR, HOST: People know that you have a debt crisis and you have to deal with it. The question is, and you, I think, I don't know whether you want to say this, but you called the Congressman an economic terrorist.

STEVE RATTNER, MSNBC ECONOMIC ANALYST AND FORMER OBAMA ADMINISTRATION CAR CZAR: Not, not the Congressman personally. I did say that I thought those who essentially were trying to hold up and bring the U.S. to the brink of default without being reasonable in their compromise. Look, the President was willing to go more than halfway.

...

GEORGE WILL: All of the people comparing the Tea Party to suicide bombers, one of whom is Steve here…

AMANPOUR: I don't think he said that, did he?

WILL: Yes.

RATTNER: No.

ROBERTS: Terrorists are suicide bombers.

WILL: I can read you the transcript from the morning show.

RATTNER: I was there. I was there.

WILL: I understand, I was watching.

Yes, Rattner was there. And yes, Will was watching. He got it right. Rattner lied.

Rattner's statement from July 29, MSNBC's Morning Joe:

RATTNER: You know, the problem with this is it's like a form of economic terrorism. I imagine these Tea Party guys are like strapped with dynamite, standing in the middle of Times Square at rush hour and saying, 'either you do it my way, or we're going to blow you up, ourselves up, and the whole country up with us.' So you tell me how those kinds of standoffs end.

Clearly, Rattner is weasel, lying about what he said, or he has a terrible memory.

Will makes a great point:

WILL: Anyway, what you, you do know that 95 House Democrats voted against raising the debt ceiling as compared to only 66 House Republicans. You do know that 26 Democratic Senators voted against raising the debt ceiling?

Rattner made an utter fool of himself.

Rattner and his Democrat cohorts need to update their list of "terrorists."





No comments: