Monday, September 26, 2011

Alan Cumming and the Tea Party

Another liberal actor slams the Tea Party as racist and homophobic - Alan Cumming of The Good Wife.

He spewed the hate last Thursday on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight.

Here's video:




Here's the transcript, from Media Research Center:

PIERS MORGAN: What do you think of all these politicians, talking of politics, who on the Tea Party side of the Republicans, are coming out and saying same-sex marriage is disgusting and can't happen?

ALAN CUMMING: Well, I think if -- I think, you know, there's such -- America’s this country full of such hatred in terms of politics and the politics of hate is so rampant. And now the only kind of minority that can really be dealt with in that way is the gay population.

So it kind of makes sense. But, of course, I just think it's -- I think it's awful. I think that the Tea Party have some very, very -- some quite sensible notions, actually, when -- on paper. But also that kind of seems to be an umbrella thing that just covers up a lot of real homophobia and racism.

CHRISTINE BARANSKI: I think most of America has moved past it. I really do.

CUMMING: I do too.

MORGAN: I get the sense they are moving past it.

CUMMING: I just think the Tea Party is out of touch with America, actually. That's the sad thing for them to have to come to terms with.

No comments: