Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rand Paul and Mark Neumann

Rand Paul believes that Mark Neumann should be Wisconsin's next U.S. senator.

Paul writes:

Let me tell you a story you need to know about my friend Mark Neumann.

He went to Congress as part of the Republican Revolution as one of the leading anti-spending warriors in Congress. He served on the Appropriations Committee, fighting government spending every single day. Well, as you can imagine Mark voted against bills that contained "pork barrel" projects every week, and it angered the Republican leadership--so much so that they kicked Mark off the Committee! Mark didn't care. In a letter to the rest of the Republicans, Mark wrote, "If I’m kicked off this committee for voting my conscience, my only regret is that I don’t have more committees to get kicked off of." I love that story!

Fast forward to today: Mark Neumann is back running for Senate in Wisconsin and he needs our help. That is why I have endorsed him, and I hope you will join me by helping him immediately with the largest gift you can for his campaign.

I'm backing Mark Neumann because we need people up here in the Senate who are conservatives first and Republicans second. We need people who are not here just to be another generic GOP vote, but who want to really change the way business is done in Washington. That's the kind of person Mark Neumann is.

Some people love to talk about cutting spending and smaller government because they think that's what folks want to hear. But Mark Neumann has actually walked the walk; he is tough as nails and we can rely on him.

Mark Neumann is in a primary and the moderate "establishment" is trying to pick another candidate. In fact, Barack Obama actually praised this Republican for his early support of ObamaCare.

Think about that for a second! What is our party going to be about? Are we going lie down and take what the Obama Administration has done to our country? Or are we going to do the hard work of dismantling the Obama agenda and taking this country back? If that is going to happen, Mark Neumann needs to win in Wisconsin.

Now, let me tell you about Mark's Democrat opponent Tammy Baldwin: she is the most liberal member of the House of Representatives. She is one of the leaders of the Union Boss "Recall" movement that has raged against government spending restraint and reform in Wisconsin this year. And nearly every liberal special interest group you can think of is backing her campaign. She's already raising millions across the country from groups like MoveOn.org, Daily Kos, and Hollywood liberals. I hope you can see why Mark Neumann needs our help.

I am honored to stand shoulder to shoulder in the Senate with people like Jim DeMint, Ron Johnson, Tom Coburn, Marco Rubio, and Pat Toomey. We're fighting every single day in the Senate, but we need reinforcements. We need Mark Neumann up here in the Senate with us.

This could be the biggest Senate race in America this year. Mark Neumann has to win it. I'm all in for Mark Neumann. I hope you are too. Will you join me?



In Liberty,

Sen. Rand Paul

No comments: