Friday, December 9, 2011

Obama: Hanukkah and Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Obama celebrated Hanukkah at the White House last night.

The festivities were held early, with Hanukkah beginning on December 20 this year.

“We’re jumping the gun just a little bit,” Obama joked. “The way I see it, we’re just extending the holiday spirit. We’re stretching it out. But we do have to be careful that your kids don’t start thinking Hanukkah lasts 20 nights instead of eight. That will cause some problems.”

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was among the honored guests.
OBAMA: We are honored to be joined by one of the justices of the Supreme Court, Ruth, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is here. We are thrilled to see her. She's one of my favorites, I got to, so... I, I, I've got a soft spot for Justice Ginsburg.

No surprise there. You'd never hear Obama say he has a soft spot for Justice Antonin Scalia.

Here's video of Obama's remarks:

No comments: