Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jon Huntsman and Jay Leno (Video)

Jay Leno is really getting annoying.

I'm so sick of his political yapping.

Jon Huntsman was his guest on Tuesday night. Leno fawned all over him and Huntsman lapped it up.

Of course, lib Leno would never have supported him over Obama. Nonetheless, he kept singing Huntsman's praises.

Huntsman, for his part, all but denounced his Republican party affiliation and endorsed Obama.

JON HUNTSMAN: I think this kind of churning, this kind of debate is actually very good for the party, because the party I'm not sure knows what it is.

JAY LENO: See, I don't know what it is. When I was a kid, Republicans were about defense and fiscal responsibility. Now it's about, 'A condom! Oh my God! Get that outta here!' I mean, when did it become the party of all these social issues?

HUNTSMAN: Well, so, you know, if you believe in science as I do, if you're in favor of civil unions as I am, uh, then sometimes you get a few doors closed on you.

But I say, OK, let's go back to the origins of the Republican party, back, you know, to 1864, 1865, where you had our first election. That guy lost, John Frémont. And then Abraham Lincoln won in 1860. He did OK.

So you drop from Abraham Lincoln, who stood for individual respect and dignity; and then you had Theodore Roosevelt who cared about the land and environmental issues; you had Eisenhower who built the interstate, who cared about infrastructure. People forget that Richard Nixon, despite all of his travails and drama, he created the EPA. He created the National Cancer Institute, the National Institutes of Health.

And so I say we're drawing from a broad literature of successes. We forget, you know, that there's some history to the Republican party, and I think we do ourselves a disservice in this nation when we forget about that. But I'm also convinced that we're at a point in time where we're likely to see a third party movement that is very significant in the years to come.

Obviously, Huntsman has some problems with his dates.

It's also clear that Huntsman wants to be the go-to guy for a third party.

When Leno asked him if he'd run again, he was open to it.


Leno ended the interview by calling Huntsman a "true gentleman" and "great American." Leno said he hopes he gets back in the race again.

Right. As if Leno would ever vote for a Republican for president.

I'm sick of the Left's mantra that the Republican party is a bunch of extremists who focus foremost on social issues.

That's false.

Leno's constant reiteration of that Leftist lie is pure propaganda. Drives me nuts.

The Democrats/Leftists are ruthless when it comes to their pet "social issues." They go for the jugular. Their viciousness and bullying is really jawdropping. Think of the Komen - Planned Parenthood rumble.

If a Leftist doesn't tow the party line, the individual is not only booted out from under the tent, the person is ripped to shreds.

Democrats/Leftists set out to completely destroy conservatives. Respectful disagreement is out of the question.

Leno has to stop stating that Republicans are the extremists and the Democrats are moderates.

It's not true.

_______________

Here's video from the segment:

Jon Huntsman on Newt Gingrich



Jon Huntsman on Donald Trump

2 comments:

jimspice said...

"If a Leftist doesn't tow the party line, the individual is not only booted out from under the tent, the person is ripped to shreds."

I can think of several issues which I disagree with the party stance, and voice such freely on liberal blogs, and I haven't had my membership revoked yet.

Mary said...

"Several issues"? Really?

I can't imagine that they're significant.

Did you have the courage to say you don't like the shape of the Dem donkey symbol's tail?