Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Obama: 'I Deserve Second Term' (Video)

I don't like it when the Super Bowl pregame show is interrupted with a lame Obama interview. It really bugs me. It's so out of place.

Obama and Matt Lauer?

No thank you.

I saw the interview begin, the chitchat. I left the room. So, I missed this part of the Obama Super Bowl Sunday intrusion:




Transcript

MATT LAUER: Three years ago, we sat for this interview on Super Bowl Sunday. You had been president for just 10 days. And we talked about the state of the economy which was in dire straits. And you said this to me, quote: 'If I don't have this done in three years, then it's going to be a one-term proposition.' You got good news on Friday in terms of jobs. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent. But I think if you go out on the street and you ask average Americans 'Is the recovery done?' overwhelmingly they will tell you it is not. So, do you deserve a second term?

OBAMA: I deserve a second term, but we're not done.

But Obama said if the recovery is not done in three years, he's going to be a one-termer.

Now, he's redefining success.

The way Lauer set up the question for Obama made me feel like I was watching a state-run TV network, the propaganda machine chugging along.

It's as if we're supposed to accept Obama's failure and view it as a job well done.


No comments: