Thursday, March 1, 2012

Michael Nesmith and Davy Jones

Michael Nesmith Remembers Davy Jones:

From WCNX:

Michael Nesmith took to Facebook to address the passing of his former Monkees bandmate Davy Jones. Paraphrasing The Beatles‘ “Eleanor Rigby” he said, “All of the lovely people. Where do they all come from?”

Nesmith expressed gratitude for “So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings.” He took a philosophical view of death, saying that “I am of the mind that it is a transition,” adding, “I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality.” He ended his note saying “I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.” At press time, hundreds of people had commented on Nesmith’s post, with thousands more “liking” and “sharing” it.

No comments: