Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wisconsin Labor Fist

MacIver Institute tweets:

If Big Labor isn't just about brute force and raw political power, why is their symbol a closed fist? #ReclaimWi #WiRight

Exactly!

The clenched fist Big Labor employs as a symbol doesn't suggest dialogue and civility.



It suggests thuggery and anger and violence.

The Wisconsin labor symbol really troubles me.




I don't like my beloved home state being depicted as a closed fist.

It's not a welcoming image, whether in attracting business to the state or tourists.

It's ugly.

When I see a car with a bumper sticker of that symbol, I don't think a rational person is driving. I think of the resistance displayed by a two-year-old having a fit.

Open your fists, union members.

Open your fists, Big Labor.

Open your fists, Obama.

Grow up.

1 comment:

dmarks said...

It's a symbol of fascistic brownshirt-types who get what they want by beating people up and stealing it, rather than working for it.