Monday, April 23, 2012

Bill Maher Attacks Ann Romney and Sons (Video)

Bill Maher gave $1 million to Obama's campaign.

I suppose someone so invested in Obama's reelection wouldn't hesitate to attack Mitt Romney's wife and their five sons, in the name of helping Obama.

Maher is sleazy. We know that. I'm sure the worst from him is yet to come.

Given the cruelty Maher is tossing at Mitt Romney's family, Obama should have the decency to at least denounce Maher's remarks, Obama's $1 million man.

The fact that Obama is accepting $1 million from the guy tells me that Obama doesn't care about civility in political discourse at all.

For the second week in a row, Maher has used his HBO show, Real Time, to trash the Romney family.

Transcript and video, from Noel Sheppard, NewsBusters:



TODD BUCKHOLZ, DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC POLICY FOR PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH: My wife pointed out a stay-at-home mom in Boston with five boys. Do you know what it's like changing snow pants and snow sweaters in Boston?

BILL MAHER, HOST: What’s it like without help? [Applause] You know, I mean, it’s, look, I have not, I mean Fox News was up my a-- this week about I was attacking Ann Romney. I wasn't attacking Ann Romney last week. I was just pointing out that going to work is a very different thing than staying home. I don’t know. I was going by my own experience having sh---y jobs.

CHYSTIA FREELAND, REUTERS: I'm the only person who's a mother here and I'm a working mother, and I have to say for myself when I step out the door on to the streets to go to my office, I breathe a sigh of relief. I find being in the office easier.

BUCKHOLZ: Absolutely, it is a respite. There are so many women who do go to work just as she said.

MAHER: And that’s fine. Again, I don't have the experience of both. So I take, I don’t know, I was never a mother. I did have sh---y jobs. I’m just saying it's different. It’s different. And I'm not attacking Ann Romney. She's brought up five very shiny and remarkably lifelike boys.

"And I'm not attacking Ann Romney. She's brought up five very shiny and remarkably lifelike boys."

This mocking of Mitt Romney's family is out of line. He mocks the Romneys' children. He mocks Ann Romney's parenting.

"Five very shiny and remarkably lifelike boys"?

Very offensive.

In 2008, Obama said it was wrong for Democrats to attack Sarah Palin's family, particularly her kids. Obama also warned opponents to leave Michelle alone, saying "These folks should lay off my wife."

Obama has made it clear that he finds attacks on family members unacceptable.

I think Obama should give his $1 million man Maher a call and tell him to lay off Ann Romney and the Romneys' five sons.

He should lead by example. Instead, Obama takes the money and runs.

1 comment:

dmarks said...

I didn't know Maher swore so much. He comes across as so arrogant and mean.

Did you know that he likes to bash the mentally disabled on his show? Making numerous jokes about them?

At one point he went on a rant on how they weren't people and should be treated like how we treat animals.