Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ron Johnson Endorses Romney (Video)

Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson endorsed Mitt Romney this morning during an appearance on Meet the Press.

Here's video:


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Transcript
RON JOHNSON: I'm a business guy from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I have 33 years experience in the private sector. I've been in Washington now for 15 months. I certainly understand a big part of our problem is the fact that this president and members of his administration have no private sector experience whatsoever. And Governor Romney has 25 years of experience in the private sector, plus, he has executive experience in government. And I never did intend to endorse anybody, but I've had the opportunity to meet with Governor Romney over the last couple weeks, had long phone conversations with him. I've come away from those conversations fully convinced that Governor Romney is the person to lead our party, to lead our nation.

He fully understands the gravity of our financial situation. He is dedicated toward solving those problems. He is ready, willing, and able to lead this nation, unlike President Obama.

Today, I'm happy to announce my full support and my endorsement of Governor Romney to be the next president of the United States.

I'm looking forward to working with Governor Romney and his team in my new role. I've been asked by Leader McConnell to lead an effort, coordinate our agenda and our message in the House, the Senate, with the presidential candidate, so that we can communicate to the voters of America the very clear choice in our approach. We actually want to rely on the private sector. We know that it's freedom in the free market system versus President Obama's approach, growing government, growing government intrusion in our lives.

I'm looking forward to making sure President Obama is a one-term president.

Every time I hear Ron Johnson speak, it makes me happy. I have a great deal of respect for him. I finally have a senator who truly represents me. I actually have a voice in the Senate.

Ron Johnson reminds me that the majority of Wisconsinites had the good sense to send him to represent us in Washington and fire the radical Leftist Russ Feingold.

Johnson makes an excellent case for supporting Mitt Romney.

I, too, look forward to making Obama a one-term president.

I'm voting for Romney on Tuesday.

4 comments:

jimspice said...

Ha! You're voting for the RINO? Santorum weeps.

Mary said...

Actually, I may vote for Santorum. When I wrote the post yesterday, I thought I was certain about voting for Romney. I'm questioning that decision.

In any event, I'm voting for freedom and the Constitution.

Both candidates, Santorum and Romney, are by far superior to the radical Leftist Obama.

jimspice said...

I could live with Romney. He's reasonable in real life. We all know, nudge nudge wink wink, that he's just pandering to the kooks for the primaries. The real Romney comes out later.

Mary said...

I would love to have the "real" Romney in the White House.

I'm sure the "kooks" would be thrilled to have this long national nightmare end. They would be ecstatic to have the flexible Obama out of office.