Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rasmussen: Thompson 52%, Baldwin 36%

From Rasmussen:

Former Governor Tommy Thompson now earns his highest level of support yet against Democratic Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin’s U.S. Senate race, while the other Republican hopefuls remain nearly tied with her.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Wisconsin finds Thompson with 52% support to Baldwin’s 36%. Six percent (6%) favor some other candidate, and another six percent (6%) are undecided.

Now that the recall election is history, (the Democrats/Leftists/unions made historic fools of themselves), I'm turning my attention to race for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin.

I will support the Republican candidate who is likely to win.

Looking at the field candidates, that is the single most important factor for me.

If Tommy Thompson is the strongest candidate when it comes to defeating Baldwin, I want him to be the Republican nominee.

I realize, at this point, it may be that Thompson simply has the greatest name recognition.

Whatever. He's earned it.

No comments: